Ideas about Stuff

She was resting on the couch beside her husband, waiting for food to be delivered. He'd put on his #thevoicedarling sweatshirt again and was idly pawning through the channels. Neither of them every really had this much time off. It was strange because they both didn't know what to do with themselves. 

She'd ordered them pizza and beer, but it was not the pizza delivery guy coming over with it I was going to be Jack. She focused back on the TV briefly. It was the third time he switched to a realtors' channel. 

"Hon, lets talk about this."

"Talk about what?" he responded turning his bright gaze towards her. His blue eyes were ice-cold serious, but not dark or angry. 

"The housing shows you keep flipping too."

"Uh..." he stuttered, glancing at the TV as if realizing it for the first time. "Sorry."

"Hon, you mentioned you wanted a house."

"I mean...I do." He shifted awkwardly, pressing a hand on his stomach and wincing. 

"I still don't want to sell this place. Besides what country house is going to fit all our cars?" They had an abundance in the parking below. BMWs, Lexus's, Mercedes...

"We don't need the cars," he responded. "We have a baby now."

She sighed, "I didn't mean it exactly like that. I just, we have so much room here, and this place is all to ourselves."

"Maybe we could look into a little farm place for the weekends?" he responded, tipping his head to the side. His eyes grew a bit more round, and he protruded his lips...her damn husband was pouting at her.  And with a face such as his it was hard to ignore. 

Anissa sighed, "Alright...I'll consider it." She was silent for a few minutes, she wasn't ready to consider a house yet. It was just...a house...to much responsibility. Too big...too much. "Venny, when is the next ultrasound?"

"The what?" he questioned, for whatever reason his accent slurring his words heavily as he thought about what she was saying. 

"The ultrasound, so we can see more of the baby...the baby whose growing pretty darn quick."

He screwed up his face as if thinking. "Soon," he replied, looking down at his stomach  through the hoodie. "Yeah...the baby is growing pretty fast...but at least most of my side effects are gone." 

Anissa nodded, "can we try and do it soon, like within a day or two soon?"

He nodded, "yeah, but I still don't want to know the gender."

"That's fine...for now," she grinned at him. 

"Ani," he questioned. "I was thinking...I want to start working out again. You need therapy for that leg wound, and I...I just don't want to lose my physique because of the baby....

"Hon, you are having a baby you really shouldn't be working out."

He scoffed at her, "I'll be fine. A little exercise isn't going to kill him or her."

She pursed her lips and didn't respond. His voice told her exactly what she needed to know. That he was more or less just stating what he was going to do. That her opinion wasn't that important and he was going to work out anyway.

 "You need a trainer," she said. 

"I'll find one."

He shifted to cross his one ankle over the other. "When do you go back to work?"

She looked down at her own damaged leg. It ached really bad. "Not for a while."

"We are going to go stir crazy."