The Sweater

She'd never seen Venyamin sleep that long in his life. When he went to bed, after Marty had left, he slept solid though the night and late, late, late into the next day. 

Anissa skipped work so she could make sure he was fine. He was so awfully quiet. When he did finally awake he groaned so loudly that if they had neighbors the neighbors would have been highly concerned. 

"Ugggh!" he whined stretched out his arms. "Fuck." He paused blinking open his red eyes a few times and glanced to the clock. "What time is it?"

"Mid afternoon."

"I only slept a few hours...ugh I might as well make dinner."

She raised her brows at him, setting down her book.  "Ven. You've been in bed twenty-seven hours."

He gave her a startled and concerned look. "What?"

"It's tomorrow."

"It's...." He launched himself from the bed and ran to the bathroom to heave his guts out. "Fuck!"

She patiently waited for him to come back.

"I need to go to work."

"Not till your case is resolved. You're still in very deep shit."

He studied his bare abdomen, blinking at the swell. "It's awkward. I can't...bend well."

She smiled at him, "It's adorable." She held out her arms to him, pleading for him to come cuddle with her. 

He hesitantly took a step forward. "I really was out that long?"

"Yep, the whole nine yards."

"The..whole...nine..yards?" He muttered in confusion, his speech slurred.

"Yes, Ven. I took off to watch over you."

"I'm hungry."

"I'd imagine so." She pouted at him and that was the final straw. He came over and flopped down pretty much on top her. 

"Honey! Jesus! Careful with the baby! You'll hurt him or her!"

He grunted in acknowledgment,  and throwing his arms and legs over her he laid right on top of her. He smiled down pleasantly at her, despite smothering her. His stomach dug into hers, his masculinity into her thigh. 

"Ven, your crushing me," she wheezed.

"You're so comfy," he responded, pressing his lips to hers. 

She rolled her eyes at him, about to respond when suddenly the doorbell rang. He snapped to his feet, his gaze darting around the room for everything and anything. 

"Ven, jesus its just the doorbell. It's probably Jack." 

He seemed to have caught hold of what he was looking for. The only hoodie he owned--the only thing pretty much besides dress shirts and jackets. 

He threw the faded grey material over his shoulders and jerked his head through. With the big baggy front pocket, his belly did not exist. 

Anissa laughed at him, as she slid to her feet. The bell rang again. 

"Just a minute!" She wondered if Ven had any idea what his hoodie was actually about. She bought it as a joke for him. Mocking his glorious accent. 

#thevoicedarling

It was likely some sort of t-shirt for a fan club, but she had no idea for herself of its meaning. The only time he'd worn it out in public, it hadn't caused much of a stir so maybe it was nothing special.