A Wife in the Know

She had just showed up at his work. Right when he was about to head to Marty's lab, to see if they could spot the baby. 

She wasn't' home early...exactly. He'd just been too sick to go into work the next two days after Marty had found out. 

She strolled into his office cheerfully. Her bright green eyes assessing everything and her brown hair tied neatly out of the way. 

"Hey, Ven. I'm actually home a few hours early. So I figured I stop in and get started early."

She came to sit on the corner of his desk. "Your a little pale, babe."

"I'm fine." He put his hands in a steeple under his chin and gave a heavy, casual sigh. "I'm just busy."

She pouted down at him. Then she sat herself on his lap and kissed his brow, cheek, and then mouth. "It was a fun conference."

He raised a questioning brow as he allowed himself to smile at her presence. He had missed her. Life had sucked without her. He mostly missed her comforting presence beside him in bed. She was so cool and comfortable to use as a pillow. 

"Did you get me food?" he mused. 

"I did," she laughed, kissing his nose. "Lots and lots of it."

He spun around in the chair with her, before sweeping up to his feet with her in his arms. "I'm glad you are home."

"I am too. I'm super eager to finally get a little time off with work. To see you more during the day."

Venyamin did not voice the fact he'd probably hate having his wife at the office everyday. Anissa was a lovely woman, but she was too dominating and hot headed at times. Worse yet she was allwwways right. No buts. No ifs. No maybes. And she always had proof. 

"Can you begin your search? I have a meeting to catch." He set her down and kissed her forehead. 

She frowned at him with her brows raised. "Well, alright I s'pose." 

"I will be back in a..." He died off, when he spotted Marty in the door. "Ah. Marty, just who I was coming to see."

"Oh, cool. I want to talk to you too," Anissa interjected. 

"Honey, not know I have things to do."

"I have money to find you," She responded. "The thief will be caught shortly." 

"Is this your wife, Venyamin?" Marty asked, extending a hand. 

"Yes. Anissa meet Marty, the head scientist here. Marty meet Anissa, my wife." 

Marty bowed his head as he shook her hand. "I didn't think Venyamin could catch someone as pretty as you."

He actually coughed in surprise. Had Marty just fucking joked? Just fucking brown-nosed for the first time? 

"Why thank you," Anissa giggled. Nothing more than a typically housewife rather than an agent snooping around. She always knew what act to put on to get information out of a person the fastest. 

"Anywho," Marty continued. "Ven? The uh..."

"Meeting."

"Yes, meeting." He sighed when Anissa looked back and fourth between the two of them.

"It doesn't seem very official. May I join?"

"Could you maybe please leave it be? Start snooping my on desk. Check the cameras as well?" 

"Snooping? For what?" Marty asked innocently, playing his role.

"She's here to find the thief."