Viorica and His Family

Venyamin watched stunned as his sister just made herself at home. She walked right past them, looking around, and scoffing to herself every now and then. He wasn't surprised by her rude behavior, she'd always been over confident and cocky.

All he knew was he couldn't go back home. It wasn't just that he didn't want to face his past, he simply couldn't. Life debts or not. He turned his back on his family and lifestyle, he'd fled from it and was a coward. Whether he had to abide by his life debts or not, there would be far many more people that would want to kill him.

When he'd first immigrated, he'd had people tracking him down to kill him. Anissa, whether she'd known it or not had saved his life in every aspect. By being with her and her career there'd been a near close safe haven. Not only that she'd helped him with his English, and gotten him a job. His biggest life debt was to her, and for that he was pregnant with their child. 

He watched Viorica for only a fraction of a second before Anissa yanked him outside their penthouse, wincing in pain, and slammed the door shut behind them for privacy. 

"Ven," she warned, more screaming it than talking. 

"Anissa!" he cried, stepping back in horror, "I...I...I..!"

Like hell he could explain anything. He'd didn't even know where to begin. He'd thought he'd left his life behind and that it would never catch up to him. More or less, with all his money he'd managed to clear his records and hide himself. Not just from his family but anyone that might know him. Now suddenly Viorica had shown up, at precisely the wrong moment--not that there would ever be a good moment to see her. 

"I thought you were a ex-Russian soldier, but you're really the mafia!?"

"I..I...I...!"

"With life debts? What does that even mean? And what type of mafia? How have I never noticed this before? That you're all...an immigrant for a reason!?" Her words, calling him an immigrant, stung perhaps the worst. He was an American, living the dream. He'd tried so hard to run from his past, he thought he'd succeeded. He changed, but it had changed too.

"Anissa...I...I tried."

"Tried?" she exclaimed in a bewildered tone. "What even do you mean? You're trying to laugh? Tell me this is a hoax!"

"It...it is not. And I don't know what to do," he murmured in a slow gaited voice, lowering pitch with each word, his Russian accent thick.

The door suddenly opened, and his sister was staring at them. "Yo, so brother, food?"

"Fuck off," he barked at her.

She ran her eyes up and down him, resting on his core, "when you'd get so fat? American life treating you well?"

He glanced down, not realizing with Anissa tugging him out his hoodie had been ruffled and hugged the swell awkwardly. "Yeah," he growled out, twisting back to Russian because her English was dreadfully bad. "How'd you find me?" 

She smirked, stepping closer. A switchblade knife clicked as she drew in, and he didn't have time to react. "Someone is playing god again," she crooned, pressing the tip into his belly. "And fucking with matters they shouldn't." He grimaced as he felt the fabric start to tear, and to his surprise even the baby seemed to shift to one side of his belly, away from the knife. 

Her face was inches away from his jawline, as she glared up at him. "I'd thought I'd misread the newspaper or it was misprinted but no, it's just my big brother fucking with genetics in plain sight. Couldn't leave well enough alone, you never could. You always had to be in control, and now I've found you, we all have." 

Her wicked smile only grew as Anissa clicked the barrel of the gun to her head. "Back off bitch," his wife snarled. 

He swallowed heavily, "No...please no."

"Or...at least I have for now, but can easily change that." Her threat hung in the air. No one else knew yet. He'd changed a lot since he left Russia, he knew he looked a hell of a lot different than the gaunt, puffy and beaten faced coward. 

"What do you want? Money? A place to live?" Her blade clicked back, and she flinched it back to hide in her sleeve, only to place her hand on his belly. She danced her fingers over his skin in a time ticking notion as she considered. 

He glared down at her and at his stomach. She was witty, he'd give her that. 

"I want your help," she finally said. 

"With?" he asked softly, gazing back at his wife. She looked absolutely furious but put the gun down. If looks could kill he and his sister would already be dead. Her green eyes raged so brightly he wasn't sure if they remained green anymore but rather turned to flames. 

His sister tapped his stomach a few more times. "I want you to kill Helsing for me."

"Wha...What!?" Helsing. His younger brother, who was still older than Viorica. 

"That or I call up your life debts to come get you."

"Why?" Venyamin was basically speechless. Of all the things she could demand, she wanted to kill his favorite sibling. 

"He's changed, and I want to take control when mother accidently dies." 

He narrowed his eyes at her comment. Accidently was never an accident with her. Viorica was up to something, and because of it his life was going to turn into hell. 

"And how do you want me to exactly kill him?" Kill his brother. She was out of her mind, like hell he would. 

"Easy. You just do, then flee back here to the wifey."

"Riiight," he snarled. "Just hoof my pregnant ass over there, shoot him in daylight, and sail back over to here. No problems, no issues."

"He's changed, Ven. You belong the head of the mafia, or I do. Mother's reign is over."

Ven shook his head, "Incase you haven't noticed, I'm a bit burdened at the moment." Her tapping fingers still hadn't left his belly. 

She smirked, "I never said you had to fight, you just had to kill him."

"You're far more capable. What are you not telling me." 

"I've told you everything you needed to know, he's changed."

Ven slammed his sister to the wall in a heartbeat. Hard enough she blasted through the drywall, but he'd lost some of his strength since the beginning of his pregnancy. 

"Say I kill you now, what then?" Viorica didn't look alarmed, not the slightest, not even a wince of pain on her face. 

"Well then, dear Ven, Risona might come knocking." His other sister and perhaps the most vile of them all. 

"I'll kill her too," he barked, losing his mind at the insanity of this all. "I'm done with you all, and I made that clear when I left."

But she just smiled at him, that knowing damned smile, flashing all her straight, white teeth. He couldn't do shit to her, he knew it as well as she did. She had too many ties. 

He released her, "then..."

"Uh, is everything alright?" A familiar voice called. Jack. His wife's co-captain.