Chapter 2

Monday morning came too fast in Magnus' opinion. Sitting in his kitchen, Magnus can't help but to think about those blue eyes that have been haunting his dreams since Saturday night as he sips his tea and munches on his toasted bagel. The blue eyed man, or Alexander- but prefers to be called Alec- as he introduced himself, captivated Magnus' attention as soon as he walked into the bar. Hell, the only indication Magnus knew that Alec wasn't completely straight was by the way he was leaning against the bar while he was chatting with the hot male bartender. The poor man was getting so flustered and blushed profusely when the bartender was hitting on him. Alec almost looked like he wasn't used to the attention the man was showing him.

That was enough of a sign for Magnus to make his move. Once he approached the bar, he'd studied Alec a bit more, the way his eyes lit up when he was laughing at the blonde bartender as he told him that he was going to have his 'I'm looking to hook up usual'. That made Magnus groan internally. He really had thought that he'd be taking Alec home with him Saturday night. Ragnor be damned. The sod hadn't even shown up at the bar on time! Unfortunately, that was not the case. A small redhead ran over to Alec saying that she was ready to go home, and that the guy she was dancing with, ended up being a douchebag. Alec gave Magnus an apologetic look, then left the bar with the girl, but not before Magnus had the chance to slip his number in Alec's back pocket. The only downside was that Alec still hasn't called. It is driving Mangus insane! He never gives out his number, then the one time he does, the guy doesn't even use the damn thing!

Saturday night was just supposed to be him getting in touch with Ragnor for the first time in years. He and Ragnor had attended boarding school together in London. After graduation, Magnus had decided to stay. He wanted to work in civil services; being an EMT gives Magnus the chance to feel like he's making a difference in his profession while enjoying the array of different experiences the position offers.

Even though he had spent most of his adolescence and early adulthood abroad, he still had a good relationship with his parents. They are part of the reason why he eventually decided to leave London and move back to the US. Magnus' father owns several elite restaurants all over New York, as well as other major cities all over the U.S. His father's main restaurant is right here in Brooklyn. Magnus' mother, however, is a true angel. When Magnus first came out as being gay to his parents, he was terrified. Being part of New York's elite, Magnus feared the worst when coming out to them. Instead of disinheriting him, his mother responded with 'We know, we've always known son. You were always getting into my makeup, you constantly wanted the latest fashion trends, and we've seen the way you look at men. It's okay and we support you no matter what.' Magnus was stunned, he had no idea that his parents would take the news so well. Most of New York's upper class were stuffy and old fashioned. Even though his parents never acted that way towards him, Magnus just assumed they would take the news of his sexuality the way others in their position would take it. Magnus didn't even realize at the time that the law office that his mother works for, deals specifically with the LGBTQ+ community. The attorney's work with anything when it comes to same sex rights. They have prosecution attorneys that deal with hate crimes, as well as attorney's that help with same sex adoption. Magnus' mother also hosts charity events for the law firm to raise money for the LGBTQ+ community.

Magnus, now finished with his breakfast, and daydreaming of cerulean blue eyes, gets up to start getting ready for his first shift at the fire station. With excited, yet nervous, energy, Magnus pulls out a pair of dark blue jeans, a plum colored button up, then heads to the shower. Magnus can feel his muscles relaxing under the hot stream of water that cascades around him as he grabs his Tea Tree shampoo. Massaging the shampoo in his hair just relaxes Magnus further. While he's letting his shampoo do its job, he reaches for his sandalwood body wash to begin the rest of his morning routine. After his shower, Magnus reaches for his hair gel, making sure he grabs his normal gel -not his glitter gel- and spikes his hair. Even though Magnus is out and proud, he doesn't want his new coworkers knowing that he's bi. His coworkers in London were not very fond of him just because of his sexuality, and he doesn't want to live through the nightmare that all over again. Magnus has no plans on letting them know anything about his personal life. Once he's finished with his hair, he makes his way back into his bedroom. Magnus dons his clothes, rolls the sleeves up to his elbows, grabs his bag that holds his black steel toed boots, and makes his way to the subway.