Chapter 10

Magnus is dancing with Camille - whose name he finally learns - and it all feels wrong in his mind. She's a beautiful woman, but that's just it...she's a woman. She isn't Alec, and as soon as Magnus leaves the table, he feels like he's being the worst boyfriend in the world. Magnus panicked when Camille came up and started hitting on him. He hadn't wanted everyone at the table to question why he denied her advances, so he'd just flirted back instead. He knows that what he's doing is wrong, but he just can't stop at this point. As the saying goes, 'It's better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask permission', well it seems that Magnus is going to be on his knees begging for forgiveness. He's about to tell Camille that he's going to head back to his table, when she grabs his shirt and pulls him down into a kiss. He's so stunned at this point that it takes a few seconds for his brain to catch up with his body. He pulls away from the kiss just in time to see Alexander storming out of the bar. Magnus doesn't even register all of the wolf whistles and catcalls that are going on at the table. Fuck!

The next thing Magnus knows, he's being pulled away from Camille.

"Excuse me, but Magnus needs to go and explain to his boyfriend why he's suddenly making out with some random slut!" Aline sneers as she's dragging him away. They step outside just in time to see Alec's car speeding away. Magnus' heart plummets at the sight of his boyfriend's erratic driving. He can't help but to think back to the conversation they'd had the first night that Magnus started working at the station.

'I was a stupid nineteen-year-old gay kid who was just going through a very difficult time at that point in my life.'

Magnus is now terrified that Alec will be too distracted to drive, and get into another accident. The next thing Magnus feels, is a hot searing pain on his left cheek. 'Did Aline just slap me?'

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Why in the hell would you do something like this to Alec of all people? Do you realize what you've just done? Huh?" Aline yells, she looks like she's almost in tears. Magnus can't really blame her, he feels the same way. "Magnus, I swear to god you better answer me right now!"

"I-I don't know! I panicked okay! She was flirting with me and instead of doing nothing about it, I just went along with it!" Magnus stammers out as he's crying. "I just didn't want anyone to question why I was rejecting a woman." At this, Magnus is full on sobbing.

"It didn't occur to you to maybe say 'Thanks, but no thanks. I'm in a relationship.' It's not that hard Magnus." Aline says.

"I didn't want everyone asking questions! I was too afraid of slipping up and saying something that would cause them to know that I'm not only gay, but I'm in a relationship with Alexander," Magnus chokes out in between sobs.

"Well honey, I hate to break it to you, but after that little stunt, I'm not so sure you are with Alec anymore," she says in a sad tone. She's also rubbing her temples. "Come on, I'm taking you to Alec's house so you can have a talk with him, and try to salvage what's left." As Aline starts walking, Magnus just stays rooted in place. When she reaches her car, she notices that he hasn't moved. "Unless, this was your way of getting out of the relationship in which case, you're a true piece of shit."

"No, no. I want to go over there, I'm just terrified of what he's going to say." Magnus continues to stand on the sidewalk, leaning against a light pole, with his hands threading through his hair, and lets out another sob before walking towards Aline's car.

"You'll never know unless you man up and go talk to him. It's better to do so now than wait till later." she states, not unkindly. Magnus nods, walks over to her car and gets in the passenger seat.

~oOo~

The entire drive over, Magnus is texting and calling Alec; begging him to answer his phone. After the fourth attempt at calling, it goes straight to voicemail, which doesn't give him much faith in ever being able to call Alec his again. Magnus is also diligently searching the streets to make sure that he doesn't see Alec's car crashed on the side of the road anywhere. As Aline continues driving, Magnus' leg can't seem to stay still. He's so anxious to get to Alec's house that he can't seem to calm down. His emotions are at an all time high at the moment, which is no one's fault but his own. He did this! He has to make it right, no matter what it takes.