Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alec doesn't wake up until half past noon on Friday. He ends up going to Java Jones for coffee and a breakfast sandwich, reads one of his sci-fi novels for a couple hours, then goes on a run. Finally, it's time for him to start getting ready for his date with Magnus. Alec was hoping that by keeping himself active throughout the day, his typical nervous energy would have dissipated. Unfortunately for him, it has not. After his shower, he stands in front of his closet staring at the outfit Clary helped him pick out. It's a pair of black skinny jeans, which are brand new and does miracles for his ass, a deep midnight blue button-down shirt that has black pin striping on it and is a little too tight around his shoulders, a solid black silk skinny tie, and his black Doc Marten's to complete the outfit. As soon as he finishes getting ready for the date, the buzzer goes off to indicate Magnus' arrival.

Alec heads downstairs to meet Magnus at the entrance of his apartment, and is blown away by the sight of the man. Magnus's black skinny jeans hug his long legs just right, his maroon button-down shirt is tucked in to accentuate his slim waist, and a black vest and blazer complete the look. His hair was spiked up with the tips dyed red, and his makeup is very subtle with just eyeliner, and smokey eye shadow. Alec just stands in front of Magnus with a look of awe. He can't believe that this beautiful man is interested in him.

"Alexander, darling, you may want to close your mouth. You're catching flies," Magnus states with a giggle. Alec shakes his head to clear his thoughts.

"You look beautiful, Magnus," Alec compliments a bit breathily.

"Thank you, darling. You're looking quite dashing yourself," Magnus says, as he's blatantly checking Alec out.

"Are you ready to go?" Alec questions.

Magnus leads him over to his car. Magnus drives a Tesla Model S. It's an Electric Blue color, the rims are gunmetal, the interior is done up in black and gray Italian leather. Alec's eyes bulge out, and his mouth is completely open; he is completely in awe of this car.

"Magnus! This car is over two hundred thousand dollars...just...how?" Alec stutters, as he sits in the passenger seat. He's lost the capacity to complete a coherent sentence. At this point, he notices that Magnus looks nervous, and grabs his hand.

"Uh, yeah...my dad bought it for me as a welcome home present when I first moved back. This is the reason why I don't drive my car to work. It looks completely out of place doesn't it?" Magnus asks, as he pulls into traffic.

"I can understand that. It's a beautiful car. Why in the hell did you seem so impressed with my car when you had this parked in your parking garage? My car looks like a Pinto compared to this baby?" Alec exclaims, causing Magnus to laugh.

"Darling, your car is sexy and it suits you perfectly. That's why I was so impressed with it. I do love a sexy car, no matter the price point," Magnus finishes.

"Whatever." Alec mutters while rolling his eyes and blushes.

The two men drive in comfortable silence while the music is turned down low for background noise. Soon enough, Magnus pulls into a beautiful restaurant that's located on the edge of the East River, with an amazing view of the Brooklyn Bridge. Once they park, Magnus gets out and runs to open the door for Alec. Alec recognizes the restaurant immediately. It's a five star Steak and Seafood restaurant that also holds a Michelin Star title. The waiting list to get in is six months. Alec really needs to ask Magnus how he managed a feat such as this. They walk in hand in hand, and approach the reception desk. The hostess is looking at her phone, and not paying attention to the two men standing in front of her. Magnus clears his throat, causing her to look up with a bored expression.