Chapter 20

"Sometimes the shoe we like can't fit"-Yushi

If you love someone or like someone you would know two things: 1 you would do anything for that person to always be happy, and 2 when that person is hurt you are hurt too.  It proved to me a theory that old folks used to say,' lovers are connect by spirit'.Meaning they share the same happiness, sadness, pain, comfort, discomfort, even thoughts and heart.

When a lover is not in sync with his partner everything right can go wrong. You no longer see eye to eye. No longer understand each other. Each other seems like a stranger. You feel nothing in your heart because that spiritual connection between two is missing.
So, do you believe in soul mates?
Honestly that is crap.
But, do you believe that out of   an entire store filled with pretty nice comfortable shoes there is just one that's perfect?
What I am trying to say is, there is no one person for you. There is no after you is death. There is however that one pretty shoes in the store that fits you perfectly and comfortably that the second you put your foot in it you never want to take it out. The day you carried it home you brag about it with all your friends. You wore that shoe everywhere, to the ball, to the gym, to dinner, to buy groceries across the street.  It doesn't matter how worn out and dirty the shoes get, when you put your foot in it, it still fits and it's still comfortable.

Now keenly pay attention, that  shoes might leave you, it might  just rip apart one day or you may lost it. All you have to do is shed a few tears, eat something yummy exercise and go back to the store, get yourself attached again maybe this time, this shoe will be stronger and last longer on your foot.
Don't let the word shoe distract you, I am talking about relationships, love, connection and all that jazz.
Which  explains why after my self adoring, and early morning jogging I came back into the kitchen making chicken soup for Jermey's for breakfast. Iv'e never cooked for my parents, not even my real one's. In fact I've never cooked for Trish or myself. My life was filled with take outs, ramen or chips.

Just as the cook book said I grater a few carrot strips on top of his soup in a bowl and got him a glass of orange juice with two aspirin.
On a tray I served him breakfast in bed. I was worried. I've never seen Jermey so weak before. I was the weak one, the one who would be in bed dressed up in  clothes of depression and self pity.
I rest the tray on the table and sat beside him. I wore only my fur black robe and tie my over grown uneven hair into a pony tail.

"Jer" I called slightly rocking him awake while caressing his cheeks. He stirred in his sleep then gently held my bandage hand against his face.

"I made you breakfast" I told him. "Get up"
He smiled and opened his eyes, then slowly sat up. The first thing he did was drink a little of the orange juice then he took up the aspirin.

Before he could throw the pills into his mouth, I stopped him with my good hand.
"Never take medicine on an empty stomach, it will damage your stomach and make you sick" I told him taking the tablets out of his reach. He stared down at me by his side instead of eating. Sighing I took the spoon  from his soup bowl and gently fed him. 

"I'm going to tell you something" He said moments after. He  played in my hair as we lay down on the bed cuddled into each other's arms.
"Go ahead" I told him.
"I'm going to be a father" He said. My heart stopped beating for about two seconds but with a hard swallow I urged him to continue.
"The woman I'm having my child with tricked me into it, she was like you a one night stand" he said.

I swallowed hard again, nodding my head to continue.

"She contacted me three months ago saying she was pregnant, I  didn't want to believe so I got the DNA test done, she wasn't lying the child was mine"
"She was happy, I was lost, sad and confused. So I made the deal to get to know each other. At first she was kind, helpful and romantic. Then she started being bossy and rude. She moved into my house and now not even my baby sister can visit" He sighed.
"I let her have her own way because I'm concerned for the baby, and I love my child I wish no harm for her"
Right then I felt guilty because I know what I was doing could eventually affect the baby in her womb.
"I gave her everything, everything she wanted. New clothes, baby clothes, food, the key to my house, took a break from work so we can know each other better. The only I didn't gave her was the key to the company's vehicle"
"Now she is nagging about marriage, I said I would marry her and trust me I will" I immediately sat up.
"Why are you going to marry her if she doesn't make you happy?" I asked masking the tears in my throat.
"Because she is the first woman of my family and the only woman I plan to have a family with"
I couldn't help the tears that ran down my cheeks.

And the only woman I plan to have a family with...

His words sounded like a siren, tasted like poison and sadly I couldn't get it out of my head.
"I'm going to do the dishes, you should get some more rest"  I whispered getting up while quickly taking up the dirty dishes from the bedroom.
No matter what, she will always be the only woman for him.