Chapter 23

"Ye, I got Boy problems that's the human in me

Bling bling then I solve 'em, that's the goddess in me"  LIZZO

I slowly walked into the doctor's office, observing how white and immaculate everything was. I know it was a random thought but I couldn't help but wonder why doctor offices were so clean like all the time and organized.

"Take a seat Kameala" He told me smiling. I awkwardly smiled and took the seat adjacent to his.

"How may I help you today, I know you might be expecting Dr. Vandez but im taking over is schedule today" He rambled while writing something down.

"I came to get this" I implied holding up my hand, " Bandage and change.

"Ah.." He looked tentatively on my hand. He dropped the pen on his desk and pulled his chair closer into the desk. He then held my hand and slowly unreel the bandage. I stared at my hand pretending to not noticing the young hot Dr. gazing at me.

"You don't remember me?" He said.

"Huh?" I asked surprised. 

How could I remember someone I just met? Sure He looked familiar but there are a lot of people in this world with green eyes and straight black hair.

"I'm Nicholas. You helped me before with my .. well not me my sister. I am a good driver I might add but as I was saying. You helped us out before about speed and stuff". He explained trying to drag a memory. 

I thought long and hard but, I just couldn't remember. My job requires me to meet hundreds of people each week and thousands by the end of the year. He must have seen the blank look on my face because then he began recite the conversation we had trying hard to mimic my feminine voice with his high pitched tone.

"I do not sound like that" I laughed.

"Oh?" He raised his eyebrows, "But you do" He smiled. His teeth was perfectly straight and long I had to asked.

"Did you use to wear braces" I randomly asked. "I mean not to pry or anything I was just wondering because your teeth are so straight and perfect and I've always wanted perfect teeth like that too. Mines are a bit crooked to me... Sure if your looking you wont see it because only I can see it. Ok ill shut up now" I awkwardly said.

He stared at me a bit amused. A lazy kitty smirk on his peachy lips, brows once again raised and his busy hands stopped unwrapping my bandage.

"First, yes..thanks for the compliment and you have great teeth as well... naturally". He glide the chair across the room and when I looked down on my hand there was no bandage, just a long red line. That scar I will have to connect me to my insecure past and who helped me got over it. 

With this scar I can never forget Who I was. I can never forget Jeremy.

How did I end up here again?

"I'm so pathetic" I said out loud.

"I don't know you but I've seen pathetic and you aren't one" He said going throw some drawer leaving me no choice but to shoot my cringe glare at his white coat. 

He turn the chair and skate back to the desk with cottons, bottles of liquid, cream  and a wrap roll.

He was totally prying right now but somehow his comment made me feel at ease and... happy? I can't find words for this feeling but I know it's a good feeling.

"Plus you're not only beautiful, tender and kind but your also smart, soft spoken and caring" He smiled at me, "Totally not pathetic".

His words made my heart beat a little faster and a genuine smile spread across my face.