Chapter 27

The heart monitor connected to suzet hasn't stop beating rapidly while  she silently stared at me. She stared with wide eyes, pale face and a broken heart. I smiled.

You see, a girl always gets what she wants with a guy if she plays her cards right. If she cares enough. If she sheds a few tears. If she shows just how hurt he had her. If she captures his heart at the right moment. If she gives up her self to him. If she withdraw her self from him. Show him what he has, then suddenly takes it away. Before you know it he will do anything to pleases her. As long as the cards were played in the right order.

I watched as nurses rushed into the room a scared and panic look flashed across Jeremy's face as she held her stomach. Her huge protruding stomach.

I almost felt bad until I heard the doctor said the baby was fine. The nurse had pushed Jermey and I out of her room and by her command only Jermey was allowed back in. I sat in the waiting area fumbling with my hand. Pregnancy seems scary and I never wish to be in a delicate stage of my life again. I breathe out a long tiring breath, looking at the time which reads 1:28 a.m and before I knew it I was fast asleep on the couch. I felt a nice blanket wrapped around my shoulder and I open my eyes.

I expected to see silky curly brunette hair and brown chocolate eyes but instead I saw  pretty green eyes and a welcoming smile.
"Sorry I woke you" He whispered.
"Why are you here?" I mumbled, he was on his day off.
"One of my patients had an emergency, so I had to be here for her" He whispered.

My eyes flutter shut, I was too tired to care. I stretched my legs on the seats and snuggle into the blanket.
"Why are you here?" He asked but I was too tired to respond. Exactly why was I here? I should be in my bed Jeremy was taking too long but I'm here for Jeremy.

I will always be there for Jeremy.

Just then I felt a moist kiss on my forehead then long after I felt when someone picked me up bridal style and soon after I was placed on a bed. Only my Jeremy, I smiled.

I woke up in a hospital bed with my phone buzzing by my side. I had three miss calls and 15 text. All from Jeremy, confuse I look up and my eyes start wondering around.

"Where am I?..." My question answered when I saw Nicholas fast a sleep on two single chair joined together. A small smile appeared on my confused face when I saw how adorable he looked.

His lips were moist and pouty, his nose crooked shape straight from this angle. His eyes, lord his eyelashes were thick.  He shifted a bit on the chair and I took it as my cue to avert my attention to my phone.

The time reads 8: 56 am. Jeremy just called a minute ago!
I quickly stood up and mumbled "Oh my gosh" while looking between Jeremy text and Nicholas sleeping face once more.

It then dawned down on me that I fell asleep waiting on one guy and woke up with the next.
...

I'm going to stay the night with suzet, she is pretty torn.

Did he ditch me last night?

You should go home kam it's not safe at night for you to walk this late.

I'm sorry I'll make it up to you I promise so please don't be mad.

Suzet need me, the baby need me.

I am afraid if I leave her side tonight something might go wrong and I can't bear to know I'm the cause of it.

Where are you?
I am home?
Your not at the park where are you?
Suzet
Sorry I mean kam
Come home don't be mad
Sigh
"You're awake" A croaked voice  mumbled followed by a painful groan.

"Yea, are you alright?" I asked concerned while putting down my phone by my side.
"Yea just a little stiff" he told me stretching for a few seconds then a few crick followed shortly after.
"All better now" he told me putting his hands in his doctor's coat.
I stared at him, he was so beautiful and kind even his gaze made me nervous. Why am I always nervous around him?
"Yea" I mumbled looking down at my phone.

I'm sorry... I read the last text he sent.

"You must be hungry" he told me while holding the door open.
Just when I was about to refuse, my stomach growled out loud and made him chuckled.
"I guess you're right" I mumbled pouting and he chuckled even louder.
I walked through the door when he pat my stomach, "good job buddy" he said.
Normally I'd feel insecure about someone else touching my stomach. I would be embarrassed thinking how that person might have felt my disturbing flabs and stomach folds. Right now, I wasn't embarrass or insecure. It was a relieved and proud discovery.

"I believe you were going to decline" he said as we walk down an isle.

"How do you know that?" I asked amused.
"I could just tell " he smugly replied.

"I could just tell" I mimiced him, "my ass, well you better feed me like a pig.  I'm hungry" I told him making him laugh at me.
"Yes mam" He saluted.
"what was that?" I giggled holding my hands over my mouth. 

We turned into the staff bathroom and he handed me a small white cup of mouth wash. We both wash our mouths out together and rinse it thoroughly with water.
"Why didn't you brush if we are going to eat?" I curiously asked him as he handed me a new tooth brush.
"Why would you brush before you eat?" He asked, "you should eat first then brush" he stated.

"No, you brush first before you eat" I told him.
"What's the sense of brushing before you eat if your removing food particles" he stated.

"You're brushing away last night food and germs" I proudly told him.

But he laughed. He laughed at me, again. He laughed so hard that he had to hold his stomach and before I knew it, soon enough I was laughing too. Mostly out of embarrassment.

"No you brush at night, then when you wake you wash your mouth with water thoroughly or mouth wash, eat and finally brush for 2-5 minutes" he told me poking my forehead.

"Ah... That makes more sense" I whispered.

"Let's see how quick the great lawyer is" he stated as he led me to a lunch room, "repeat the process for me dear"

I giggled, he was treating me like a child and I didn't mind at the moment.

"Brush at night 2-5 minutes. In the morning rinse with water thoroughly or mouth wash then after meal brush 3-5 minutes" I sang.

"Good girl" he told me ruffling my hair on top of my head.

Holding my hands on top of my hair I grasp, "My hair!"
My bed head was never a pretty sight. I can only imagine how horrible it looked. Atleast I washed my face.
"You look dashing" he chuckled.
"Liar" I mumbled slightly nudging  his shoulder. He raised his brows then chuckled.
"Your right let me help you" He said.
Confuse replaced with shock when I felt him move behind me. His hands raked through my scalp gently. Sending off a hazardous wave of shiver down my spine. I turned my head slightly to look up at him but he was focusing on tying my hair with the green elastic band from his hand.

Then he stepped away and smiled as if what he did just then wasn't a major flirt move. Well that's what I thought, until his uninvited hands swept the loose hairs out of my face to behind my ears. My totally red ears at the moment.
"There" he finished, "Now let's go eat".

At the lunch room he swiped a card twice and hand me a tray. I took beef scrambled eggs and steam cabbage with spinach with an apple for breakfast. He took mice sausages with scramble eggs bread and waffles.

We sat and eat, laughing at each other lame jokes and sending winks every now and then between meals.

The place was packed with doctors and patients but I only saw him and an empty canteen. He made me comfortable enough to forget my crappy dramatic life.