Chapter 24

I was in Missouri, Jefferson City. Amazed by the beauty of the high rising buildings, the river and museum. I felt like a tourist with my head sticking out the cab window awed by normal civilization. You see what happened was the next day, which is today, I took the earliest flight out to Missouri. 

I needed a brake from everything, even if it was only a day. So early in the morning when jeremy went out for a jog, I grab my traveling hand bag, my keys and left. Closing all my doors of course. Now here I am at the hotel, riding the elevator up to the pent house where my best friend live. I took out my phone and called trish.

"It's so early" Trish whined as she pick up the call.

"Please it's just 8 O clock" I rolled my eye seeing that I only have one more floor to go, "Anyways, Open the door"

"What door?" Trish asked.

"Your room door, you know your pent house one" I said as the elevator began to slow down.

There was a split second of silence on the line before trish yelled, "YOUR HERE!"

"Yup" I replied.

"In Missouri! here"

"Yup"

"Like Jefferson at the hotel here!"

"I'm walking out the elevator to your apartment door here" I told her.

"Oh My God!!!" Trish screamed again followed by the sound of things unraveling. Soon enough I heard foot steps over the phone, like a little child running down a wooden stairs. 

"You're up early" I heard brad, 

"No time for kisses im on a mission" Trish replied tiredly. 

"Kam, I swear on brad's dick if your lying..." The door suddenly open. Greeting me was trish in a big grey t, messy bed head with trails of dried drools at both corner of her mouth.

"I'm not lying" I told her smiling. We still  had our  phones by the ear.

"KAM!"

"Trish!" We smiled greeting each other in a tight embrace.

"Look at you... looking more beautiful" She gushed, placing a stray hair behind my hair.

"look at you, looking like a comfortable wife... I mean drool and everything" We both laughed as she wipe one corner of her mouth.

"Come inside dear" Trish step aside allowing me access.

I've never been in a pent house before and gosh was I regretting not living in one because it was beautiful!

Everything was glass, everything was flashy, everything was...expensive!

"Home girl be living life" I wispered.

"Not to sound conceited or anything" trish huffed flicking her messy hair out of her face, "But obviously" she smiled giggling.

"Have you seen my husband too?" She asked. On cue Brad walked out of what I assumed the kitchen in a pink suit and black tie and shoes that fit his complexion perfectly. He now had a nice groom beard and was growing his hair only in the middle. He had it braid and tied in one at the middle of his hair and his hair line was styled dashingly... Overall he looked dashing. Like the sexiest black guy you could pull out of the business category magazine. 

"wow" I honestly stared. Trish turned to look at him too and muttered, "What a hot piece of roast sausage" I literally saw her lick her lips. Looking at her strangely I looked away with a "okay then" facial expression.

"Made sense why you are up early today" He said to trish, "Morning Kam I do hope you have a great visit" He gestured to me.

"Morning... and me too" I replied awkwardly.

"Your breakfast is in the microwave, I guess you will be rescheduling your noon appointment with Trend Hunter about the book collab" He said kissing the corner of trish lip that had the grool on it.

Disgusting.

"Shoot I forgot about that" She said looking at me.

"Don't mind me do your thing and I'll stay here and feel rich for once" I told her.

"Are you sure?" Trish asked me guiltily.

"Na spend the day with your friend. You haven't seen her in months"He told trish, "I'll get my assistant to call and notify him of the changes. I'll try to get someone to sit in for you by noon. Just go email me the proposal and outline  you wanted to share with him" He said holding the small of her waist. "I gotta go now, bye" He told her walking away.

"Is he real?" I asked trish because dam was he a great husband. 

He cook, work, helps you grow and know damage control while spoiling you all at once?

"yup" she smiled dreamily at his back before he closed the door.

"SO...What happened?" Trish seriously asked.

I told her everything and by the time I was finish trish was abusing me with her cushion. Hitting me on the lap and shoulder over and over.

"I told you runaway!" She yelled tiredly, "He's bad news, but nooo you wanted to go through with this dumb idea. You wanted to get back at a bitter evil ugly bitch who ain't even worth this dam pain.  I told you engage man is a no no, red flag don't walk, run fast away but here you are, going through unnecessary pain" 

"I know I'm a mess I know I'm dumb to get this deep with a guy I met on the street. I know it all" I told her. 

"But I just wanted love" I honestly told her, "I wanted attention, I waned to feel whole like any other 24 year old lady"

"The right guy would appear and give that to you, it doesn't even matter where, you could even meet him in the club" She told me.

"But the right guy definitely wont be engage, won't have you as a side chick, wont use you for sex, won't let u feel like with him there is nothing, won't play mental games or hero in a story book. He will help you elevate physically, spiritually and financially. He will make you his number 1 priority, treat you like royalty show you off make love to you emotionally and physically at the same time. Take you out on dates, talk about you with his friends and family and lastly he'll be the two of one of you. He'll know how to hold you down when u need to be hugged and settled. If he ain't that sis he's not right for you. Take it from a retired hoe" she finish her speech and I nod my head.

she reached out and hugged me tightly kissing my head. "You know you're my favorite person in the world right?" I told her rather than ask. 

"I know" she whispered in my hair. Gently stroking it and patting my head in a soothing motion. Trish pulled back and put my hair behind my ears then kissed my cheek. 

"My poor baby, lets get you some ice-cream, white wine and watch some old comedy movies" She told me getting up.

"BTW when are you leaving?" She asked walking into the kitchen.

"Tomorrow morning" I told her.

"Perfect we can have the night to our self! Go unpack in the guest room. it's the first room on your left in the hall way" She yelled again.

"Okay" I mumbled walking past the spiral wooden stairs with glass railing.