Chapter 10

Who needs Karma when evil exist?

"Ah... This is what revenge feels like" I smiled evilly at the computer screen.

Look, guys, I am not the one to promote war, revenge, or cyberbullying but in life, everyone deserves a nice dose of their own medicine. Something they can never forget, something that's just as small would stick out like a sore thumb. Painful and embarrassing. I believe whatever you sow you reap, that's what the Bible says anyway. Even the Hindus believe in karma and that whole jazz about being reborn as a lesser being in your next life. I really hope she would be an ant so that someone can step on her. Or a zoo animal so that kids can throw peanuts at her all day.
But for now, taking up karma in my own hands seems just as fit as waiting for eternity.
I laughed heartily as all her friends and supporters started bashing 'me' online about being heartless. My fake profile 'Justin Elliot' made sure to cross the t's and dot the i's.
'Suzet Bitchrogatta, you are looking like a  fat hippo with your huge ass forehead from planet sheen. Tell me is he your brother? If that's the case you need to take your big fat ugly ass and that alien baby back to your universe where one hairstyle all your life is actually the 'in' thing. Oh and don't forget the brown alien thing beside you. We, humans, had enough of your slutty, bullying aura around us. Let's be Frank your 'baby daddy' ain't even a loyal nigga stop posting people, man. With that said, peace out dumb trucks'

I can't stop laughing, the comments are buzzing by the second.

'You are just a hater Justin'
'Suzet don't listen to this idiot you are beautiful'
'Now that he mentioned it, I've never seen your forehead'
'It has huge as a planet'
'Yea I've seen it in high school'
'Suzzy!!! Let's find this bastard and kill em eh?'
'Suzet you deserve it, you were a bitch anyways'
'Remember that girl she bullied in college?'
'Larra? yea she committed suicide'

All of a sudden it wasn't funny anymore. The smiles wiped off my face instantly and a sadness settled in my heart.
'Wow, this bitch is classic after she bullied someone to death'
'Murder'
'Suzzy didn't kill anyone it's not like she pushes the girl to jump'
'I was there in psychology class when she told that girl that she is so fat and disgusting that she should just go kill herself'
'

Omg RIP larra'

That could have been me. That might be me one day...

I had enough, I felt even more tired and drained so I close the laptop lid and decided to just go to bed and sleep off whatever feeling trying to sneak up on me. I looked at the clock by my bed stand and it reads 1:08 am the morning was too early to be depressed, besides I have work tomorrow, I mean today.

~
Work dragged on as a depressive day. My client who I completely forgot about had his visit first thing this morning, I had no legal advice for him. What should I tell this guy? So when I said, 'plea guilty for everything' he flipped.
Literally, tossed my pen holder on the floor and the chair he was sitting on. Security came to drag him out but I held up a hand to stop them. This man deserves to vent, after all, I didn't do my job.
"Come back Tuesday and I'll try my best to figure something out sir, it's just that in your case whichever side I look at it you are guilty. Taking on this case means risking my license as a lawyer and I'm willing to do that because I always believe in my clients first"

The other employees looked at me crazily. 'Why not get the man escorted out of here and dump his file?' I could read the looks on their faces.

After that work was plain and boring like my outfit. A full blue pants suit, sleek blonde hair tied to the back.

I went home from work and sleep. I woke up the next day at 7:03 am did the same thing as the day before, wore a plain yellow skirt suit to highlight my boring day. The day after was the same I woke up at 6:45 am wearing a boring green suit got to work and came back home to work again.

This time I walked by the laptop and cell phone by the coffee table. I hadn't look at either device for days. Just then as I was about to walk away I saw the screen lit up on my phone and 'Best Gal' flashed across the screen for about twenty seconds before it disappeared. There were 38 miss calls from Trish and 17 text message. Just then a text message came through and I read it in a split second.

'If you don't pick up my next call I'm sending a cop over to your house!!'

Soon after 'best Gal' flashed across the screen and I picked up the call.

'Kam?" Her voice sounds shaky.

"Yea?" I asked.

"Why didn't you pick up!" She yelled. "Gosh, I swore something bad happened" she finally breath normal.

"I thought something bad happened," she said again this time pitching about in her words.

"I thought you..." She was crying.

"I'm fine," I told her, "I was just busy with work"

A pregnant silence settled between us, I waited for her to finish cry her eyes out and even finish sniffling. I know what she thought happened. I sighed, "trust me, when I said I'm fine," I told her staring at the table.

"The thing is I can't," she told me, and I understand.

"Anyways, have you seen suzet Facebook page the other day?" She asked, gossip Trish was back.

"What happened?" I asked, taking up my laptop.
"Some guy trashes her" she laughed. "There are like over a thousand comments on her pictures half of them being mean"

I looked at her Facebook feed. "I don't see the picture," I told her.

"Yea she deleted it," Trish said, "she made a video tho"

That I saw so, I clicked the video and began to watch it.

"You're watching it aren't you?"
'Hello everyone' She greets
"Yes, I am," I replied.
'So the other day some guy posted a comment on my picture which resulted in an uproar on my page ' she said looking down at the stew she was making. Obviously someone was recording it, obviously, it was him. I felt a little hurt.
"I came to the understanding that in the past I was a pretty bad person" she said looking at the camera while wiping her hands in a kitchen towel.
She looked fat but still not as fat as me. Her green eyes glistening and her same hairstyle crowned her head.
"For all those who supported me, thank you and to those who think I wronged them, I'm sorry. I was a child, I didn't know what I was doing but clearly, time didn't heal some of yall wounds so let me start the process by apologizing. I am going to be a mother and I would like to start that chapter of my life fresh please give that to me and my daughter. Thank you"

Her words angered me. After ruining people's life she thinks it's OK to live a fairy tale. What about Lara? What about me? What about Lara's family? That was not a sincere apology.