↣ Chapter Five ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

C O M E 

B A C K 

B A C K 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Chris could feel himself growing more and more worried as he allowed his magic to wash over Alec. He was writhing and pulsing, beads of sweat running down his face. He was shaking all over and he looked so pained. Chris could feel the tears pooling in his eyes as he heard Alec whisper for Jace.

"It's not working," Isabelle whispered harshly. Chris let out a groan as his geen magic disappeared for a second and he quickly apologised to the brunette Shadowhunter beside him.

"Parabatai bonds are like a tether that binds two souls," explained Chris as he allowed his neon green magic to light up Alec's face. "Jace and Alec share emotions, instincts, strengths. It's an angelic bond. My magic can only do so much." It hurt him to say it, to even admit to the fact that Alec was obviously in so much pain, and all he could do was absolutely nothing. Alec was hurting and all he could do was cry.

"So Jace is like this, too?" Chris stopped, running his fingers through Alec's soft yet sweat-drenched black hair. Isabelle smiled a little at the sweet and loving gesture.

"Not necessarily. It appears that when Alec called out to him, part of his soul never returned," Chris explained, his eyebrows drawing together even more as he let his fingers trail over Alec's hand. "Now, he's stuck somewhere between himself and his parabatai." Chris tried his magic again.

"But if Jace brought back that missing piece of his soul..." Isabelle trailed off as she looked up at Chris. He shrugged.

"We may very well have the cure!" Isabelle still looked concerned, but there was hope in her eyes. Chris couldn't help but smile a little. "Whatever we do, we need to do it quickly."

"Stay with Alec, I'll go find Jace."

As Isabelle ran off, Chris wanted to shout after her that he wouldn't leave Alec's side, but he stayed quiet, concentrating his healing magic on the Shadowhunter. Of course he wasn't going to leave him, they'd have to drag him kicking and screaming or even just dead out of that goddamn room. He wasn't leaving even if Aldertree banished him from ever returning. He would not leave until he knew that Alec was okay.

Chris frowned, dropping one hand so that he could intertwined his fingers with Alec's. It was no use, he couldn't help him, only Jace could. But he wasn't going to stop trying. Alec deserved the chance to be saved, he couldn't stop. He would not.

"I'm gonna save you," Chris sighed, running his thumb over Alec's knuckles. If he hadn't been in the state he was, which was pretty much a coma, Alec might have smiled. He probably would have, he always got a bit bashful around Chris when he was trying to be cute. Even the night before, Alec had started giggling when Chris had complimented his eyes. It had been the most beautiful sign he had ever heard, and Chris had met Whitney Houston. He would do anything to listen to that sound again.