↣ Chapter Fifteen ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

S O U L 

S W O R D 

S W O R D 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Catarina hadn't been very happy to find out that Chris had left Simon and Jace to hunt Valentine just so that he could be sure his family was safe. But that didn't stop her from pulling her son into a tight hug, and telling him how much she loved him for thinking of them in such tense times. It wasn't long after they had all got settled to watch Cars 2, when Chris had gotten a text from Jace.

Valentine has Simon, he's going to kill him if Clary doesn't go to him. He's at the Institute, he needs lightning and it has an energy source he can use. Alec is not picking up my calls so he's defo there. Also, we found Dot, and she's told us that there's a way to destroy the soul sword, on the way - Jace.

Chris had immediately grabbed Magnus and taken him upstairs, after apologising to his mother for their departure. Magnus had been close to Dot, and so he knew that Magnus would want to be there when Jace and Clary got there with the female warlock. It hadn't taken long for them to arrive, and Magnus and Chris had gone straight to work to heal her. Her skin had been grey, and covered in horrible veins, until they had started to heal her on the couch.

"There you go," soothed Magnus, smiling down at his friend. "You'll start feeling better in no time." Dot whispered a thank you, and Chris grinned at her while he started to clean up all the ingredients they had used in order to heal whatever Valentine had done to her. Jace had promised Chris that Madzie looked healthy, which Chris was glad for. He couldn't wait to save the little warlock from Valentine.

"Dot, tell us everything you know," Clary ordered her, but in a gentle tone. Clary had told Chris earlier about how she looked to Dot as a sisterly figure. Chris had smiled and sent her over to stand with Jace and Luke to give him and Magnus space to heal her. But now, they all stood around her at the couch.

"I heard Valentine briefing his men, if Jace touched the sword, his grip would destroy it." They all looked towards the blonde Shadowhunter, who had his arms crossed over his chest. The runes on his skin made Chris think about Alec, and he pushed those thoughts out of his head.

"Me?" Dot nodded.

"Why should we believe a word she says?" Luke asked. Chris turned his head to the werewolf, unable to stop himself from glaring. Luke had been a Circle member too, actually he had been Valentine's right hand man. So, naturally, Chris did not trust him. "It's probably just another trap."

"Luke, Clary, you know me."

"You've lied to me before." Clary's face was as hard as stone. She was as unrelenting as her father and her father figure behind her. Chris felt slightly impressed by her, but also fearful of her. She showed similarities to Valentine that shook him to his core.