↣ Chapter Eighteen ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

F R E A K Y 

F R I D A Y 

F R I D A Y 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

The cell Chris was locked in was much worse than any jail cell he had been locked in before. There was one complete glass wall, letting him see outside. If he hadn't been in Valentine's body, he could easily have used his magic to get out, but sadly he could not. He needed to get out though. Knowing that Valentine was out there, parading about as him, it made him feel dirty and unsafe. His friends and family were in terrible danger.

His daughter was in horrible danger, and she would sit tere, trusting Valentine, expecting him to take her to school and talk to Rosie's mother about her blueberry eraser. But Valentine would not do it, because Valentine did not know he was supposed to do that. And Madzie would end up getting hurt and there was nothing Chris could do about it, except pound on the door and beg for them to let him out.

He felt like he was in a very rubbish remake of Freaky Friday.

"I am not Valentine!" he shouted, hitting the glass wall. It wasn't even glass, it was just see through. It was perspex. But it looked like glass. "I am Christopher Loss! Valentine has escaped, please!"

But nobody was listening to him, and nobody would listen to him because he had the face and body of that monster, and they did not trust a single word that came out of his mouth. Especially now that they couldn't use the Soul Sword to get the truth since Clary had destroyed its abilities with the rune she created.

He had screamed himself hoarse, had cried himself to exhaustion and now he could hardly stand. Nobody was listening to him and he needed to get out. Valentine was there, at his house, where Madzie and Magnus were. Chris felt so powerless, they were probably in danger, and he was locked up because Azazel had decided to switch his and Valentine's bodies.

Suddenly, a blinding white light was switched on in the cell, so harsh that Chris found himself scream out in pain. Then the ringing started. It was so high-pitched it hurt. He fell to his knees, clutching at his ears and wailing like a damn banshee. He was being tortured even though he had done nothing wrong.

When it was over, and the Inquisitor had walked away - she liked to watch him when he was being tortured, like some goddamn sadist - he untied the boots on his feet and threw them at the camera.

"I know you're listening!" he shouted at it. His throat was sore, and all he wanted was to curl up in a ball and cry until everything got sorted. But that wasn't going to happen. He really wanted Catarina too, a hug from his mother always made him feel better. "Please, I'm not Valentine, i'm Chris Loss!"

That was when the light switched off and the door was thrown open, meaning he had a visitor. In stormed Alec, and everything seemed to be getting better. Maybe, Alec was here because he believed him and he was going to save him. Maybe Valentine had messed up and he knew Chris was telling the truth. He didn't care, he just felt so relieved to see his boyfriend. It felt like years since he had last seen his face. But Alec, obviously, did not believe him. He grabbed him, and threw him against the wall. He looked so outraged. Chris felt his heart shatter, he was going to kill Azazel himself.