↣ Chapter Twelve ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

B R O T H E R L Y 

W A R N I N G 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Chris was bored. That was for certain. He had nothing to do when his friends were busy. Magnus was being the High Warlock of Brooklyn and doing his rounds. Catarina was sleeping due to her night shift at the hospital and Caroline and Zach were visiting Zach's family for lunch. Which meant, Chris had nothing to do.

So he cleaned the whole apartment, without using magic. He found the brush, the dustpan, the duster and all the other cleaning essentials and got to work cleaning the apartment from top to bottom. He changed all the duvets and bed sheets, and even put up new curtains. He swept every bit of floor, cleaned down every surface, and finally dusted the cobwebs off the ceiling.

And when he was done doing all of that, which took around four hours, he collapsed onto the couch, ready for a nap. He was sure that everyone deserved naps, they were the best thing about doing work, a goal to look forward to. After all the hard work you put into whatever you were doing, you got to go for a little sleep. Like a phone. Chris had never felt like a phone before, but in that moment, when he pulled a blanket over his body and got ready to power himself up, he felt like the phone that was sitting on the table across from him.

Well, that was until someone knocked at the door. He groaned, throwing the blanket to the floor in a slight fit of tired rage and yelled to whoever it was to come in. He hoped it was someone like Simon, so that he could send him away and not care too much. But then again, Simon would never be out in the sun. So maybe it was Girl Scouts selling cookies.

By the time Chris got to the door, Alec was already shutting it behind him. Chris forgot all about his tiredness as he grinned at his boyfriend, a bout of energy rushing through him when he thought about the night they shared.

"My mom's home," Alec said as a greeting. Chris sighed, realising what that meant for him. He probably wouldn't see Alec that often until Maryse went home, because it was pretty obvious that Maryse did not like Alec and Chris being together.

"I'll make myself scarce then," Chris said, leading Alec into the apartment that he had left four and a half hours beforehand.

"No, I have something else in mind." Chris hummed, picking the blanket up from the floor and folding it so that it would drape perfectly over the couch. "How would you and Magnus feel about throwing a party?" Chris spun around, his eyes glittering.

"Have you met us?" Alec let out a breath of laughter, shaking his head at his overly excited boyfriend in front of him.

"It's for Max's Rune Ceremony." Chris' face fell, and his eyes became stony.