↣ Chapter Seven ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

F I R S T 

D A T E 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Chris had always loved Oxford, especially during the Spring. It was the start of May, meaning that the leaves had all came back, the grass was grown nicely and the sun was shining high in the sky. All because kids were sitting exams, and the weather had to be so stunning when they were stuck inside.

Chris watched the younger kids - not the ones studying for GCSEs - play. There were some playing their own shitty game of tennis, some kicking a football around, some just chasing each other around the park while the sun blazed down on them. Chris was glad that he didn't have to wear his jacket. It was night time back in New York, actually it was early morning, since it was around 8 in Oxford. It was a particularly good day.

"You know, when you said you wanted to go somewhere nice on our first date, I didn't think you meant this." Chris grinned at Alec beside him. The Shadowhunter had come knocking at his door, an hour earlier, tears streaming down his cheeks as he begged for Chris to take him away. He claimed he couldn't be at the Institute, because of all the guilt he felt, and so Chris hadn't even hesitated to shower and change out of his pyjamas so that he could take Alec away.

Chris had planned exactly where he wanted to take Alec on their first date since they had met.

"It's Oxford, my home before New York." Alec nodded. Chris had forced him to leave his leather jacket at home, so now he wore a simple black shirt and jeans. He was going to be sweating before midday, but Chris didn't mind, maybe Alec would let him take him to Topshop or something. Chris had always wanted to make out with someone in the Topshop changing rooms before, it felt dangerous and risky and very exciting.

"How long did you live here?" Alec asked as they walked though the park. Chris was taking him to the ice cream stand that had opened for the warm weather.

"About 20 years." Alec hummed. Chris' fingers itched to hold his, to swing their sweaty hands back and forth in the sun that beat down on them, but he couldn't. Not with the amount of people around them. The world was very fast-moving nowadays, but prejudice still existed. Chris still didn't feel comfortable and he knew Alec wasn't either.

"So, what are we gonna do today?" Alec sounded a lot different from when he had back when he first arrived at the apartment. Chris felt himself smile at the realisation. Alec sounded better now that he was out of New York, now no one would look at him and know what he had done. Nobody blamed Alec, but he still felt guilty.

"Well, first we're getting ice cream cause it's warm and I love ice cream." Alec nodded, smiling at his boyfriend. "And then we're gonna walk around town for a little while and then I'm gonna take you somewhere special, that's not in Oxford." Alec nodded again, but he looked confused.