↣ Chapter Ten ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

B I R T H D A Y 

G I F T S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Chris and Alec stepped through the portal and back to the apartment, both managing to land perfectly on their feet and continue their conversation as they kept walking. They wore matching leather jackets, and shopping bags swung in their hands from the date they had been on. Chris' birthday was that day, and Alec had wanted to treat him to something. Everyone else had given Chris their gifts that morning, and they had all went to get cake at Taki's, but Alec had requested time alone for their first celebration as a couple.

"I mean how would they feel?" asked Alec as they made their way through to the living room, dropping their bags onto the couches.

"I'm glad you didn't ask in front of the sushi chef," laughed out Chris as he rummaged through his bags trying to find the gift he had picked out for Alec while they were shopping in Japan.

"Well, seriously, why do they call it fatty tuna? I mean that's a little degrading." Chris grinned at his boyfriend as he took the monkey lamp out of the bag. He was going to put it in the living room, even though he knew Magnus would protest.

"I don't think obese tuna sounds any better," he mused as he pulled off his leather jacket. He had had a brilliant day with Alec in Tokyo and Prague, taking him around all the best shops before they finally went to a sushi bar in the middle of Tokyo.

"You know, as much as I love Tokyo and Prague, a bacon burger from the east village isn't that bad." Chris shrugged, throwing his leather jacket onto the other side of the couch as he continued to sift through the bags, bringing stuff out that he had bought for the apartment.

"The world is your oyster, Alec," he sang. He finally turned to Alec, who looked a little sheepish as he held a bag in his hands. It had tissue paper in it, and was spruced up to look like a birthday present. Chris felt his heart contract.

"I got you something."

"Me?"

"Yes, you," Alec's voice was soft as he handed the bag over. Chris' felt his mouth drop open as he stared down at the bag. "Open it!" Alec had turned away to look at the other stuff he had bought, while Chris took the presents out of the bag. One of the presents was a Japanese talisman known as an omamori.

"It's supposed to bring you luck and protection." Chris grinned up at Alec as he ran his fingers over the red omamori. It was a small present but it was already better than everything else he had been given that day. "There's another one." Chris' eyebrows furrowed as he placed the omamori on the arm of the couch so that he could take the cerulean blue scarf out of the bag. It was such a soft material.