↣ Chapter Nine ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

S E V E N T E E N 

T H O U S A N D

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

The posters on his wall were a nice touch. He liked the way they made it feel more homely than just the plain bronze wallpaper and black carpet to match his bronze duvet. The furniture was all black wood as well, the wardrobe pushed against a wall with the bedside table having not a lot on it except for a book, a glass of water and a lamp. The bookcase that was pushed against the other wall also had all his books - magical and mundane - in it and he had a few shelves with ornaments and trinkets he had collected over the years. Including a few trinkets splattered over the desk he had.

It was a nice room, but it had been missing something and after a while he had realised that the posters that Catarina and Caroline brought from Oxford needed to go on the walls. They had also brought even more books, but since the bookshelf was full, Chris had to keep them underneath the bed. He had put up the posters though. He had four of them; the Bucky Barnes movie poster for 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier', the movie poster for 'Roman Holiday' but in Italian, a 'Led Zeppelin' poster and a 'Chat Noir' poster that he had gotten in France.

He smiled at them as he lay on his bed, with his feet at the headboard and his head nearly hanging off the end. Zach lay beside him, but with his head where it was supposed to be, so that his feet were beside Chris' face. The warlock's nose scrunched up when he turned his head to look at the werewolf eating oreos.

"You need to wash your socks."

"I've only worn them for the past four days, they'll do until Sunday." Chris pulled a disgusted face at Zach as he held his hand up. Zach threw an oreo at him and he caught it perfectly, biting into it. The werewolf didn't look up from one of the books he had taken from Chris' bookshelf. He didn't seem to be reading it though, just sort of skimming through it.

"You know eating upside down is meant to be bad for you."

"So is your crusty toes but I'm not saying anything." Zach sent his best friend an unimpressed look, but Chris merely chuckled. He heard his best friend sigh and looked back up, feeling his neck crack when he did so.

"Did your neck just cack?" Zach asked, looking disgusted by the sound he had just heard.

"Your bones crack all the time when you shift, don't start getting disgusted by me."

"Can't help it, your face disgusts me all the time." Chris gasped and went to throw something at his friend, but then realised he had nothing there. He grumbled to himself and chose instead to kick Zach's shoulder, causing the werewolf to take the pillow from behind his head and hit Chris with it. Chris kicked him again and it went on like that for a few minutes before they heard Alec's voice echo through the apartment.