↣ Chapter Twenty Nine ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

S T I L L 

W A T E R 

W A T E R 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Another portal jump. Alec was still crying. But he wasn't holding onto Chris. He had demanded that Chris portal them to Lake Lyn, if Jace was dead then he wanted to be there. That was his parabatai after all.

Alicante was shrouded in darkness. They had landed in the forest that surrounded Lake Lyn, Brocelind Forest, but the sky had been lit by where they supposed the lake was situated. A bright yellow glow lit them up, and they all shared a look, understanding what it meant. The Angel Raziel had been summoned.

"We're too late," Isabelle sounded horrified. They all felt horrified.

"He's raised the Angel," Chris pointed out the obvious. Whenever he was near an angel, he felt a pain rush through him. That pain was here, and he was clenching his fists to stop from crying out. They had to get to Jace and Clary, no matter what. If Valentine had raised the nagel, then Chris would die soon. Chris did not want to die.

"Chris, you need to get to safety." Alec's hand was on his arm, but he didn't dare look at the Shadowhunter. He knew he needed to get home, to get his daughter, to say his final goodbyes. But he didn't want to worry his family. Their deaths would be quick and painless, if he made them worry, that would be worse.

"We need to find Jace and Clary," and so the trio sprinted off into the forest. They had Shadowhunters to find, and fast. They had no time to waste. Maybe if they got there in time, they could stop Valentine. They needed to stop him.

They sprinted through the forest, Chris tripping over gnarled tree roots. He could feel twigs smacking off his body as he pushed his way past tree after tree. Alec was behind him, Isabelle in front of him. She was small enough to dodge under the larger branches, but Chris and Alec had to slow down to pass under them. They were just good at picking up the pace.

It was so dark, Chris could only feel Alec's presence behind him. He did not want to be split up anymore. He hated it. He had spent just over a full day apart from Alec, and it had killed him. As soon as they saved everyone, he was going to do everything that he could to get Alec back. Even if it took years.

The strong smell of pine cones and the sharpness that came with nighttime washed over Chris as he ran, but he didn't stop to care. They couldn't stop. Not until they found Clary. Chris' lungs burned, and his limbs screamed at him to stop, but he kept pushing himself. He did not have fancy stamina runes like the Shadowhunters, he would just have to power through.

"Aw fuck!" He halted to a stop before he fell over Isabelle, who had twisted her ankle on a tee root and half fallen, gracefully, to the ground. Alec, however, stumbled into Chris' back, not noticing he had stopped, and causing the warlock to go flying into a tree. Luckily, Chris' hands came out and stopped him from hurting his face at all. They all shared a look, maybe they did need to slow down.

Alec helped Izzy up first, drawing an iratze on her and allowing her to brush herself off before he made his way over to Chris, who was using the tree trunk to prop himself up while he struggled for breath. He really needed to start going to the gym if Alec was going to make him run around like this.

"Chris-"

"Let's go!" Isabelle had run off again. Chris and Alec looked at each other again. Alec's hand fell to his side and he took off after his sister. Chris inhaled deeply, squeezing his eyes shut for a second before taking off after the Lightwood siblings.

They were near the lake when the light from the Angel Raziel disappeared and that throbbing pain that had folded over Chris disappeared with it. He really hated Angels, and they hated him because of who his father was. The disappearance of Raziel made them run faster, and Chris had to will himself to keep up with Lightwoods. It didn't help that Alec had long legs, and they both had heightened speed runes, while Chris had nothing.

Byt the time they reached Lake Lyn, Clary and Jace were making out. Chris halted to a stop again when he saw Jace. He looked over at Alec, who looked just as confused as he felt. He watched Alec's fingers skim over his parabatai rune and his eyes widened. He could feel him again.

"They're okay!" Alec shouted, forcing the couple apart. Chris stepped over Valentine's dead body, his mouth pulled in a sneer. He got what he deserved.

"Actually, they're more than okay." Jace and Clary pushed themselves to their feet, dusting themselves off. They were both covered in blood, sweat and tears. Obviously their day had been just as long as Chris' had been. He was just glad for the time difference between Idris and New York, or else Madzie would have been waiting at school for a long time.

"Jace, I-I thought you were dead!" stammered out Alec. "My rune, it disappeared."

"Look at it now," ordered Jace. Chris watched as Alec lifted up his shirt, showing the parabatai rune that hadn't been there before. The breath got caught in his throat. Something had happened, Jace had died, but now Jace was not dead.

"How?"

"I don't know." But Chris had caught the look that Jace and Clary shared. They did know, they just weren't going to say. Jace looked over at Valentine, and they all followed suit. Chris felt himself let out a relieved breath. Now they were safe. He was safe, his mum was safe, his sister was safe, his daughter was safe. They were all safe.

"It's over."

"Yeah."

Jace and Alec met in a tight hug. Chris gulped back tears. Alec deserved to be happy. But so did Chris. Alec made him happy. Chris made Alec happy. They deserved to be together. They had to be together. And Chris was not going to stop until they were together.

"Come here," whispered Isabelle, her arms wrapping around Chris' middle. The blonde grinned down at the tiny Shadowhunter as he hugged her back, resting his chin on her head. "You guys are gonna be stronger than ever, I can feel it." Chris couldn't help the smile that lit up his face, and he squeezed Isabelle tighter.

He could feel it too. 

A/N: 

okay so we've got one chapter, the big party, and then the season is finished, but after that chapter I'm probably gonna write another one or two that's just fluffy cute Losswood cause after the mess that has been the last few chapters, we need fluffy Losswood