↣ Chapter Twenty One ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

C A B I N E T 

M E E T I N G 

M E E T I N G 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Magnus should have been the one to be going to the council meetings that Alec had regularly scheduled for himself and other Downworlder representatives. Magnus was the High Warlock of Brooklyn, and so it would make more sense for him to take the warlocks place at said meetings. However, since Magnus was the High Warlock of Brooklyn, he had named Chris as the council member for the warlocks, just as the Seelie Queen had named Meliorn as the council members for the Seelies and Unseelies. Chris was glad there was not going to be a seperate Unseelie council member, they were very tricky to work with.

Chris was still unsure as to why he had to be a council member. He thought it would be easier for Magnus to be the council member, especially as Alec had phoned Chris to ask him not to be his boyfriend for the night and just be another council member, so not to be blamed for any bias that might go on.

But Magnus was not going to relent, and so Chris allowed Caroline to choose his outfit. He didn't want to look too dressed up, but he didn't want to look too shabby, so she chose for him a simple navy button up and black trousers. He looked smart, but not too smart. Without a jumper on, he did not look like his usual Chris self, which was what he wanted for the council meeting. Well, apart from his socks, which Madzie had chosen because she had given the pair to him, they were Mickey Mouse socks which made her laugh and Chris smile, so of course he wore them.

Chris smoothed down the simple suit jacket Magnus had given him - it was plain, so they were shocked that it had even been in Magnus' closet in the first place - and made his way into the Institute. He passed a few Shadowhunters who shot him dirty looks and a few who smiled at him politely. He noticed Raphael talking to Izzy not far in front of him and rolled his eyes, causing Izzy to smile slightly as she led both Raphael and Meliorn into the room where the meeting was being held, allowing Chris to walk up to Alec.

"Lovely to see you Mr Lightwood," he greeted formally, unable to stop himself from smiling. Alec had dressed up too, thank god. He also thanked god that the suit trousers that Alec wore were just tight enough to make him remember what was underneath.

"And you Mr Loss," replied Alec, shaking Chris' hand. He was grinning too. Chris could never get enough of Alec's bright smile. "Thank you for taking the time."

"Ah, I wouldn't miss it." Alec hadn't let go of his hand, which he was thankful for. He hated not being able to simply touch Alec. "I have tremendous respect for the new Head of the Institute." Alec hummed, dropping Chris hand and motioning to the meeting room. Chris nodded and turned away, feeling Alec's hand on the small of his back pushing him towards the room and his heart leapt up through his throat. He loved Alec.