↣ Chapter Thirteen ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

R U I N E D 

P A R T I E S 

P A R T I E S 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

Finally, it was party time. Chris wasn't sure why he was so nervous. Maybe it was because everyone was counting on him and Magnus for making this party perfect, or maybe it was because Maryse would be there and she hated him and he hated her. Or maybe it was because Alec's eyes were so full of adoration and hope that Chris felt like he would disappoint him if he so much as tripped over his own feet. He hoped that Alec didn't think he was a good dancer, because despite being 222, Chris had not yet learned to dance.

Being left handed was bad enough, he didn't need two left feet to match.

Alec was laughing with Zach beside him, his hand on the small of his back. Chris couldn't take his eyes off the way that Alec's suit seemed to fit him perfectly. He didn't doubt that it was tailored, Maryse would never let her son go out in a suit that hadn't been tailored to fit him perfectly, but that didn't stop him thinking about how good it would look on his bedroom floor. He tried to rid himself of those thoughts, but he couldn't seem to do it.

So he looked away from Alec, and around the apartment. Magnus had chosen a Spanish theme for the party, even though Chris had tried to get him to go for a Mexican theme. Magnus, of course, had won, but that was because he had brought up sangria, and Chris could never say no to a sangria. Especially the ones that Maia had made - they had asked her to tend the bar, and she was doing a very good job at it. Chris was already on his fourth sangria, and the party had only been in full swing for about an hour.

Chris also looked at all the Shadowhunters surrounding them. It was a Shadowhunter party for a Shadowhunter, and there were a few Downworlders there, mostly his family and friends, but it still felt weird to be surrounded by so many Shadowhunters. It still filled him with anxiety, for there to be so many around him, he felt very out of place in his own home, especially since the last time he had been surrounded by so many Shadowhunters in a place he had called home, they had tried to kill him. So, yes, he felt anxious, but he also felt very grateful that he wasn't being murdered, especially since there was a Shadowhunter squeezing his hand and laughing with his werewolf best friend about how stupid Chris was.

"God, I really hope the paella isn't too dry, I gave the chef specific orders-"

"Chris!" Chris looked up at his boyfriend, hearing Zach laugh as he walked away from the couple in order to find Caroline, who was talking to some Shadowhunter about the maker of her dress. "Everything is perfect." Chris smiled, timidly, as Alec pressed a kiss to his temple, but that was when he spotted his little brother.