↣ Chapter Seventeen ↣

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

G R E A T E R 

D E M O N 

↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣ ↣↣↣

"I just don't like her," said Madzie from where she sat on the couch, munching on potato chips while the 'Powerpuff Girls' played on the TV.

"There has to be a reason," Chris told her, lounging back so that his back hit the couch as he continued to read his book. Madzie shook her head as she leaned forward to pick up her can of grape soda. Chris had his own can sitting on the floor beside him.

"Well, she's annoying, and she stole my blueberry eraser yesterday." Madzie was talking about the girl she sat beside in class. Chris had enrolled her into the local elementary school, claiming that she needed an education, and she had taken to it greatly. She had quite a few friends, except for the girl she sat beside who she hated.

"The one Alec bought you?" she nodded even more this time and Chris' eyebrows rose mulling her words over. The girl she sat beside, Rosie, sounded like a right twat in his opinion, but he didn't say that. He had just let Madzie rant, giving the occasional comment about how bad it was. The little girl hadn't done much wrong, she just answered every question in class and talked to Madzie more than his daughter wanted.

"Did she actually steal it, or did she just forget to give it back to you and you left it in class?"

"She stole it! She put it in her pencil case and everything!" Chris nodded again, pushing himself to his feet and brushing his hands on his jeans.

"Okay, well how about I talk to her mum at school tomorrow about the eraser?" Madzie seemed satisfied with Chris' suggestion, smiling brightly and making herself comfier on the couch. Chris picked up her empty can of grape soda and threw it in the trash can as he passed through to the kitchen to get the doughnuts they had bought the day before. Madzie had been dying to eat them all day, but Chris had said no. He supposed she deserved one now.

"Here you go, sweet pea." He handed her the doughnut, making her face break out into a bright grin as she thanked him and pulled the blanket over her so that she could watch her cartoon in peace. Chris couldn't help but smile as he ruffled her hair, getting ready to sit back down again when the door was opened. He expected it to be Magnus, but when he looked, he saw Alec. He smiled.

"Get bored hanging out with Jace, did we?" Chris teased, flinging his book down on the couch.

"Well he's too busy pining over Clary to have an intelligent conversation," Alec joked, pressing a quick kiss to Chris' lips before telling him the real reason why he was there. Madzie waved from her space on the couch, and Alec waved back, pulling Chris away from her so that she wouldn't listen.