Chapter III - Just the Two of Us

*CHEN XIAOXI'S POV*

Jiang Chen, didn't you know I'm always used to hear people talking behind my back? Since we've been together, I can hear a single word from everyone. I'm not pretty, not tall, not slimmer, and not sensible.

Lin Jingxiao and Lu Yang went home after a very tiring day. They took the car that Lu Yang got after winning at the WCR.

Jiang Chen keeps holding my hand, finger by finger, while walking at the busy road of Beijing (yes we moved to Beijing!). We went-off to a famous Japanese Restaurant near a park. Jiang Chen said eating Japanese dishes are better than eating hotpot. Who knew I didn't only married a doctor, but a nutritionist as well.

We went inside the resto. It had different Japanese Statues placed along each corner of the room. The waiters and waitresses are dressed in different types of Japanese robes. There was also a pond in one corner that had different types of fishes swimming around.

And since this is a Japanese resto, I have to act like a Japanese in respect to their culture.

So I dipped my feet in the pond and accidentally squashed a fish.

"Jiang Chen-- Jiang Chen--" I murmured in a silent tone.

Jiang Chen freaked out when he saw my feet at the fish pond.

"Xiaoxi! Get up! This is ridiculous!" He carried me out of the pond and we hurriedly ran and sat on a table.

"Who knew dipping one's foot at a pond in a Japanese Resto was not appropriate." I said while touching my wet foot to avoid seeing Jiang Chen.

"And who told you that?" He asked while rolling his eyes at me. Though I can't see his face because I was looking at my foot, I can tell he is rolling his eyes. He loves to do that whenever he encounters a dumb person. And I'm one of that.

I couldn't answer his question anymore because whenever our conversation becomes professional, I stutter.

"Let's just eat already, okay? I want a Sundae!" Sundaes! Sundaes!

Chen pinched his forehead while laughing silently at the table. Is this man high on drugs?

"Are you serious? Sundae? On a JAPANESE RESTAURANT?" He said while stressing JAPANESE RESTAURANT at me.

I almost like I was about to die. Of course I don't want to die in front of him. And if I did die, he would probably write "Time of Death: 7:29, Cause of Death: Shame."

"Okay, fine. I'll just take the one you'll order."

Jiang Chen called a waitress to take our order. The waitress was wearing a very tight Japanese robe making his chest bloat like a watermelon. Her lips are painted in the sexiest shade of red. He looks at Jiang Chen like he is a big and yummy fish. But little did she know I caught him first.

Jiang Chen hurriedly ordered at the waitress to bring us this and that. I covered my face behind the menu and secretly watched the both of them.

The waitress laid his hand on Chen's shoulder blades, slowly bringing it down to his abdomen.

I hurriedly took her hand away from Chen's body. She was shocked and asked if who I was.

"I'm his wife. So put off your filthy hand away from my husband!" I said bravely.

I looked at Jiang Chen who was still in a state of shock.

I hurriedly pulled Jiang Chen away from the resto and we went to the Park nearby.

"Chen, how can you let that woman flirt with you in front of me?" I asked with hands crossed, looking at him tensely.

"Xiaoxi, what do you know about Japanese restaurants? Massaging are one of the services that they offer!" He said.

Shame has already stabbed me thrice this day.

I apologized to him and hugged him tightly. Tears flowed from my eyes, making her sky-blue polo drench.

Chen held my head with two hands, making me face him. She kissed my forehead and wiped my tears.

"What if you end up with other girls? You know I get jealous easily. Please, promise me you'll be faithful to me." I said in a sobbing tone.

He nodded and kissed me.

We went to the guy who was selling cotton candy and we ate it at the swing. I felt like I was transitioned to the days when I was younger.

It was a long time ago. I would always run to Chen's house and kick their gate. Chen would definitely go out by then, then we would go to the Park along the river. I still remember the look on Jiang Chen's face. That happiness was priceless. He wasn't as cold as he is now. We would play together. Whenever mom gives me money if I go out, I would definitely buy a pair of cotton candy and we would eat it together.