CHAPTER IX: Preparation

*Jiang Chen's POV*

I  left Chen Xiaoxi at the my office in my hospital because I had a very important matter to attend to. After buying her medicines, And then mom called me saying that she wanted us to come over to her house tommorow.  Maybe it's her way of reconciliating with Chen Xiaoxi, since she forbid her to marry me, and insulting her diginity when she thought of giving money to break up with me.

Mom and my stepbrother are both living in a condomenium in Beijing for about two months. I haven't been to thier condo yet, since I still have a grudge to her after what she did to Xiaoxi and me. She didn't attend our wedding, and thought of stopping the wedding which was too ridiculous. Mom really wanted me to marry Li Wei, because she said that Li Wei's a thousand times better than Xiaoxi and that I was too blind and dumb to seriously take Xiaoxi's hand.

She even planned to set me and Li Wei to a blind date, and I felt bad for Li Wei after saying that she just broke up with her boyfriend after her boyfriend saw us allegedly dating in a bar. All of these were tied abnormally, and none couldn't figure to undone it.

Xiaoxi kept distance from my Mom when I told her to. But she insisted that she can't handle such grudge from someone, especially my mother. She kept asking whether we'll go to mom's house for a formal dinner and in there, they could eventually get together. So maybe this is the chance for her and mom to bury the hatchets.

I drove and went to the hospital. There were still a few people, which is also a good thing. I went to my office and saw Xiaoxi wiping every corner of the room, making it clean I thought I went to the wrong room, becuase it was very different from my old room before. It's wasn't a room for me, it was an attic.

Xiaoxi's sweat upon her forehead crippled down to her neck. My t-shirt that she wore was very wet, making her slim and petite body visible to see. After calling her name after some time, she turned her head sideways and saw me. She ran swiftly and hugged me tightly.

"Xiaoxi, you just went fine after having a fever, doing this might bring it again." I told her while assembling the books in the corner.

She just shook her head and said that it was better because it was just like a form of exercise and maybe it might strengthen her immunity.

After resting for quite some time, I told her about what Mom said. She was happy and anxious about at the same time. I can feel the pressure she's feeling since she knows that getting my Mom's sympathy is harder than admitting herself to Zhejiang University. She needs to be polite in whatever she does to her, she must not make a single mistake, she must know how to tickle my mom and hopefully, accept her as my wife.

She hurriedly pulled my hand to go the mall, because she wanted to wear a dress for the dinner. She wanted mom to have a first impression on her as an elegant and highly-educated person. She went in to try some sort red dresses, to expose her beautiful and short her legs are.

When we went to the counter, the price was too high, enough for Xiaoxi to pass out in front of us. 1,000 RMB. I took my credit card and paid for the dress, but Xiaoxi disapproved. I patted her head and said that is my gift for her. When the manager saw us, who coincidentally my friend's mom, she gave us a discount of about 50% off. We bought the dress and went to the car. Along the drive, the smile on her face was completely in-erasable. She kept memorizing the lines that she'll say when she meets my mom. This dinner is being prepared greatfully by Xiaoxi, that's why I'm feeling a bit worried if the dinner doesn't goes well as she planned.

After we went home and took dinner, we went to the bedroom and slept.

It was in the middle of the night when I saw Xiaoxi still awake and sitting on the bed, running her fingers through her hair. I hugged and asked her to go back to sleep but she wouldn't.

"Jiang Chen, what if your mom doesn't like me anymore?" she asked while touching the corners of my lip.

I bit her finger slightly.

"Everything will be fine, trust me."

She went closer and kept touching the corners of my lip.

When she was about to yawn, I hurriedly kiss her so passionately. Our lips were tossing and turning. I held her waist harder and closer to mine. She kept her eyes closed and kept on kissing me. And so it goes...