CHAPTER 6: Did You Miss Me?

*Chen Xiaoxi's POV*

Before going to sleep last night, I didn't want to wake up the next day. I'll be working again tomorrow. Why do I even bother working on that crappy office? Situ Mo doesn't pay me anyways. But I need to do something to distract my mind from missing Jiang Chen.

I took a bus on my way to the office. I'm afraid of taking the bus because there was a news spreading around the town that a man keeps on molesting female passengers. This really frightened me.

If Jiang Chen was here, he'd take me to my office in his white BMW.

When I went to the office, I saw Situ Mo wearing a smile of congratulation. He shook my hands and said that my comic books were selling so well, it already sold-out across different bookstores in China! I jumped to response from my overflowing joy, and hurriedly called Jiang Chen to share the good news. But he was out of reach.

"This calls for a BIG CELEBRATION! Call all of your friends and we'll go to a KTV bar! All on me!" he elatedly said and went outside the room.

I don't know why but I wish he would come and celebrate with me. After all, if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't achieve my dream of being a famous comic writer.

I faced my computer and started sketching me and Jiang Chen's wedding photo to escape from boredom.  Drawing Jiang Chen's face was a lot harder to illustrate than I thought it would be. Though he always wear a poker face, his features were too good it was difficult to sketch. I spent my whole day at the office sketching random things, such as the face of our baby in the future. There was nothing left to do at the office (as always).

And then I slept unconsiously.

*Jiang Chen's POV*

Today was such a tiring day. The surgery went for about 8 hours. My feet couldn't barely stand, and my hand was too numb.

Xiaoxi must be probably at the office, might as well fetch her up.

As I was passing from her room, I saw her sleeping soundly from the window. Her mouth was widely-open, and her saliva was drooling down her cheeks. She looked like a student sleeping in class (she always does in Middle School).

I opened the door and wiped her cheeks. And then I accidentally see that illustrations she was working on.

Our wedding photo.

Our future baby.

I turned red as a tomato after seeing the baby she was drawing. She drew the baby's eyes exactly like hers, lips and a mole on the nose like mine, and complexion to her. In other words, a cute and charming baby.

"What a cute baby you've drawn, Xiaoxi. We really do make attractive babies." I said loudly, making her startle. She slowly opened her eyes and after seeing me, hugged me tight as if I came back from another country.

"Jerk. that's not-- uhm-- our baby... it's uhm-- Lu Yang and Jingxiao's!" she replied in a nervous tone.

"Silly. Didn't you know that a study showed that people who stutter in answering questions are most likely lying? Tch. By the way, why did you give me so many phone calls earlier? Are you desperate enough to have a baby you wanted to call me? Haha. What is it?" I teased while messing her hair.

She lightly punched me in the shoulders. She said she called me to say that the comic book was selling well, and that Situ Mo was inviting everyone to come to a KTV Bar to celebrate, all on him.

I looked at him while grinning, and said that maybe I can't come because I still have a shift at 9, though it's still 7.

She insisted that I need to come because I was a part of that success. I gave her my warmest congratulations and kissed her on the forehead. Maybe I could spare a little time to celebrate my wife's success.

*Chen Xiaoxi's POV*

For a minute back there, I thought I was about to pass out. Damn, it's too embarrassing. Maybe Jiang Chen thinks I wanted to his baby so desperately I already planned one by drawing it! Sheesh.

After deciding whether he will go or not, though I didn't pressured him, he agreed. He still has time before he will go back on duty, so we went to the car and drove to the venue.

The driveway was too scary because the streetlights were blinking and the moon was so bright. I watched dozens of gorey horror films, and in this moment, maybe a woman dressed in white with her hair covering her face would cross the street and chase us. Or maybe a ghost in disguise as a werewof would tear our bodies and eat it like a bacon.

When I told Jiang Chen about this theory he laughed and said that I was drenching my eyes too much from watching horror films, saying that I need to switch my taste in watching movies and start liking romantic stuff. Watching too much horror films will have a bad psychological effect on me, and I needed to stop while it is early.

"Nothing's more scarier than a real surgical video you showed me when we were in the university! I skipped eating for several weeks because I kept on remembering how the skin was cut like butchering a piece of meat! I remembered how the scalpel lightly walked on the skin but opened it widely making the blood flow like a running water!" I explained to him.

"Haha. Then why did you watch it with me?"

"Because you said we will be watching a romantic film!"

Jiang Chen laughed childishly and pinched my ear softly. The streetlights were fixed later, and I had a chance to feel comfortable while driving.

Jiang Chen stopped by on a corner, then looked at me.

"I haven't seen you for a whole day yesterday. I missed you so much, did you miss me?" he asked while putting one hand on my chin, and the other on the steering wheel.

I looked at him straight in the eye.

"Why do you even ask me that? You do know how I always miss you when you're not around. So make sure you make time to see me, or else you'll see me hanging on the ceiling from missing you." I replied.

"Silly."

Jiang Chen i'm serious about what I said! Hmmmm...