CHAPTER IV: NOSTALGIC CHEN

*JIANG CHEN'S POV*

When I gave Xiaoxi a cotton candy, everything went back. I could feel the nostalgia. Xiaoxi never really changed. She's still the silly, dumb, petite, cute, annoying and the sweetest person I know. From being a childhood neighbor and friend, she ended up to be my lawfully wedded wife. I don't know what she liked about me. I was just a cold, silent and strange-looking guy. But for her, I was more than that.

Xiaoxi's happiness while swinging really fills me up. That sense of joy for me is priceless. I may have hurt her from the past years, but never this time. I want myself to be her source of joy, and I will never be tired to put a smile on her face every single day. Yes, she may be moody sometimes, but I still love her.

After the nostalgia hit me, I went off to sit beside Xiaoxi on another swing. Her short bobbed-hair flew graciously as she swings back and forth. Her eyes were shut as she enjoys the feeling of being a little girl playing at the Park.

¨Xiaoxi, come here.¨ I signaled to her by waving my hand.

We sat by the bench that we used to sit before. The perfectly-round moon added up to the romantic atmosphere the both of us were feeling. The stars that were blinking in different colors made her gaze. I can look to her this way without stopping.

¨What is it, Chen?¨ She asked while seeing me dazed at her.

I snapped out, and said, ¨I just love seeing you happy. I feel like I already paid my debt of not making you happy from the past years. Seeing you happy like this, makes me feel like I have already accomplished something.¨

Tears dropped from my eyes.

Xiaoxi hugged me tighter.

¨You know what? Those days that I was avoiding you was like a stab to myself. I acted like I wasn't still in love with you. And I thought that the only way to forget you was to avoid you. But everytime I did, it keeps me thinking about you. Like, did he already ate? Is he sick? Is he alone. And there, I knew, I wasn't still completely over you. It just proved that I still love you very much.¨

It was a bit awkward to see Xiaoxi seeing me cry like a baby. But I couldn't help but feel emotional in this state.

Xiaoxi wiped my tears with her hands.

"Enough with the crying! You'll make me cry too, you know." She said.

I giggled a bit. I checked my phone and it was already half-past 9. It's getting late. We'd better get going.

"Come on, I'll give you a piggyback ride till we get to the car."

She agreed. Walking till we reached the car, we looked like a middle school couple rather than a married couple.

"I hope you get emotional always. It makes you sweeter to me." she teased.

"Stop taking advantages of my emotional states."

And we drove till we got home.