CHAPTER V: Hanging-out with Mrs. Lin Jingxiao

*Chen Xiaoxi's POV*

Jiang Chen went off to the hospital very early, about 3 in the morning. Something very important came up. A senator was ambushed on his way to a conference but was shot by several armored men. He was in need of urgent surgery, and Jiang Chen was the only surgeon present in the hospital. Before leaving, I gave Jiang Chen a tight hug that would last for one whole day, since I know for sure that maybe tomorrow or so, he will come back.

I slept and hugged Jiang Chen's pillow. The pillow smells exactly like him. Jiang Chen has a distinctive smell that always hypnotizes me. Maybe because he always washes his hand with Isopropyl Alcohol, or because he often uses the perfume I gave him (the one I really worked to buy for him). Even though he isn't around, I get a sense of something that he is with me. So if I dared to hook with other boys when he isn't around, I can imagine the look on his face when I come home.  Creepy, right?

KRIIIING! KRIIIING!

This alarm clock Jingxiao gave me really is helpful! I finally wore off my habit of waking up late. And talking about Jingxiao, how about I pay a visit to her later? Jiang Chen isn't here, so what should I do? There's no dishes left to wash, no clothes to wash, no room to clean, and especially, today is my day-off from work.

I placed the leftovers from last night's dinner in the microwave to re-heat, because you do know how awful I am at cooking. The left-overs from last night was very delicious because Jiang Chen's cooking skills miraculously improved.

He cooked me my favorite dishes, such as the ever-delicious hotpot, one hot stew and a vegetable salad, (which I obviously didn't ate) that only he ate.

I hurriedly ate it and took a shower.

I called Jingxiao and asked her if I could go their house, and to my surprise, she said yes. I thought she was gonna disagree since Lu Yang doesn't want her lovey-dovey to be disturbed.

When I got to their house, I was amazed how huge their house was compared to me and Jiang Chen's. I rang the doorbell and Jingxiao opened the door for me. She was wearing a very loose dress, with her hair bunned, really showing that she is pregnant. We hugged each other tightly, and went inside their house.

I sat by the sofa as Jingxiao was preparing something for us to eat. And by the corner, I saw a table with our middle school photos on top. I hurriedly flipped through the photo album's pages and made me remenisce the days when we were younger. I laughed as I saw me and Jiang Chen's photo, I was hugging him tight while his face was painted in disgust towards me.

Tch. You're disgusted at me Jiang Chen? If you're disgusted at me, why did you wait for me for three years? Silly boy.

And then I saw me and Bosong's photo.

There was a feeling of guilt as I was watching his face looking at me. I think I didn't treat him well like the way he treated me. But I couldn't teach or force my heart to like him, if my heart was a brain, I could make myself learn how to love him, but I couldn't. I was so blind to Jiang Chen I didn't see Bosong's effort for me.

But it's fine, he already found someone who can love her back.

Wu Bosong and her American girlfriend both met at a tournament in New Zealand.

After going back from travelling memory lane, Jingxiao came with several freshly-baked cookies on a silver pan. I guess she inherited some cooking skills from her mother.

Jingxiao sat beside me laid his back on the deck of the sofa, making her baby bump prominent. I rubbed her tummy and started baby-talking her baby inside, as if he can hear me.

"Hey, when you come out from your mother's stomach make sure to escape from the hospital and go to our house. Me and Jiang Chen want to have a baby, but I don't want to go through the phases of being pregnant. It's too stressful. Iĺl give you the adress later." and then patted her tummy later.

Jingxiao pinched my nose and laughed childishly.

"Idiot. You can't have our baby. Making this little one was too stressful than going through the phases of being pregnant like what you said." she teased.

As I was looking at Jingxiao's face, it didn't look exactly like her. She had large luggages under her eyes, making her a bit less prettier.

What if I get pregnant to Jiang Chen's son and I will look like this? Would he run away from disgust? If so, I won't get myself pregnant to him.

"You didn't bring Jiang Chen with you, is he on duty?"

I replied that he is on an urgent surgery because a senator was just ambushed earlier. When she asked if when he will come back, I said that maybe tomorrow or so.

The atmosphere went silent and boredom started to strike. There was nothing left to do but eat cookies. So I turned on the television and watched the latest news.

And the senator that was ambushed earlier became the headline.

One reporter who was at the hospital, interviewed the surgeon in-charge, which was obviously Jiang Chen, and asked how he is currently.

Jiang Chen is a very timid person. He wouldn't speak a lot in front of a wide audience. And if so, he would only do such thing for important things. Like reciting in class for example.

"Currently, he is in a stable condition. We successfully removed the bullets. But we need to check him from time to time. All of his vitals are fine." he surprisingly answered.

I was in shock and proud at the same time, because I knew how timid he was. His self-confidence drastically rose.

Damn, he looks so good in TV. I wonder how the maids watching their owner's TV are feeling. Probably stab themselves and go to the hospital just to be checked by Jiang Chen.

When I leaned my head backwards, Jingxiao was already asleep. I hurriedly called one of her maids to help me bring her to her room.

Tucking her in bed, I saw the large portrait of her and Lu Yang's wedding photo. I envied them so much. Jiang Chen doesn't do this to me (huhuhu ;< ).

I went home and told the maid to say my thanks to Jingxiao.

And then slept at my bedroom.

I hope Jiang Chen would come soon. I'm missing him already.