Chapter 17

"Aish! My feet hurt!" Yoongi complained clutching his head as he sat on the step.

"Get up you lazy bum!!" Hoseok yelled as he kicked Yoongi's side playfully.

"Hyung! Is this right?" Kookie asked Hoseok, imitating him. They were trying a new dance Hoseok came up with.

"I'll just go pee," Kookie said as he walked away.

"Okay!" Hoseok replied to him waving his hand.

Joon and Jin were watching them from the side as Jimin jumped into the chaos they called 'dance'. Joon nudged Yoongi and nodded towards Tae. Jin and Hoseok noticed the same.
While Jimin was busy dancing, Tae sat silent, both arms resring on either side of him on the steps, as he looked up at the sky lost in thoughts.

This was unusual for Tae. He was one of the loudest. For him to be sitting quietly, something was wrong.

"Tae, you alright?" Hoseok asked him. Tae once again woke from his trance and looked at Hoseok who was looking at him concerned.

"I'm fine hyung," he replied as he sat straight.

"Then why are you so quiet?" Jin asked him from behind. Tae looked around and saw everyone looking at him except Jimin.

"Nothing just upset about schoolwork," he replied looking down.

"I'll help you if you wa-"

"Hyung! You have to see this," Joon was cut off by Kookie who shouted from afar.

He waved his arm profusely as he called them to them. While everyone stood up and walked to him, Tae lagged behind and held Hoseok's arm slowing him down.

"Hoseok hyung, I need advice," he said.

"I knew something was up! Alright what is it?" Hoseok asked eagerly.

Tae and Hoseok walked at an extremely slow pace, so they could talk.

"It's a girl," Tae looked at Hoseok's face and found him grinning widely.

"Congrats my boy!" Hoseok slapped his back thrice and shook his shoulders.

"Hyung! I'm serious!" Tae whined.

As he snickered Hoseok said,

"But why should this be a secret? Let's just tell the others."

"I don't know. I wanted to tell you first. I want your advice. Because...I don't know whether she likes me back or not. And how do I make her like me if she doesn't?"

Hoseok thought for a while.

"See this is why we should tell the others! I alone cannot give you any advice on this! May be Jiminie has some ideas. He is used to things like things," Hoseok replied as he scratched his head.

"Fine! I'll ask Jiminie then," Tae accepted Hoseok's suggestion.

--

"Based on what you've said so far, I think she likes you too,"
Jimin said as he slurped in the last drop of his milkshake. He threw the empty container in the trashcan and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"I mean she spent a whole afternoon just playing silly games with you. She willingly helped you with your homework. And you're telling me she hasn't done this with any other classmate of yours?" Jimin asked as he, Hoseok and Tae walked to the Bowl that weekend. Kookie had basketball practice so he said that he'd come later.

"Yeah!" Tae nodded in excitement.

"That's good man! I think you should definitely confess!" Jimin added.

"I am so proud! Finally at least one of us will have a girlfriend!"

Hoseok hopped up and down with excitement. They were nearing the City centre when they heard a few giggles.

"Girls!" Hoseok commented enthusiastically.

They walked ahead a few more steps and saw four girls walking out of a mall carrying a bunch of bags. The boys immediately hid behind a building and eyed them.

Jimin who stood up front said, "And we walk out all smooth and charming in three two-"

"I don't want to..." Hoseok's voice came from behind him.

Jimin whined.

"Hyung! You are older than me! And considering Tae's new situation, among the three of us you are the least experienced. You need to do this!" Jimin said, clutching the older one's shoulder tightly as he shook it.

"Wait wait. That's her!" Jimin and Hoseok turned and looked at Tae, who was pointing at the girls.

"Who?" Jimin asked him.

"My girl!" Tae answered.

"Really?!" Hoseok forgot all about his nervousness and peeked from behind the building with the other two.

"Which one?" asked Hoseok.

"The one in the yellow skirt," Tae answered. Even though he couldn't see Tae's face, Jimin could hear the smile evident in his face,

"Kang So Hyun."

Sohyun wore a blue and white striped top with yellow skirt. Her long hair was let down and swayed in the wind as she walked with the other girls laughing out loud.

"Good choice Tae!"
Jimin congratulated him as he slapped Tae's back.

"Yeah..." a sound of approval came from Hoseok.