Chapter 24

Yoongi walked in, late as usual.
Momentarily glancing into the kitchen, he saw her setting the plates. It was too early to set the plates if it was just the two of them.
That could mean just one thing.

Appa is coming home early tonight.

"I'm not hungry," Yoongi briefly mumbled before he turned to walk up the stairs.

"Okay."

She knew it was better not to impose the unhealthy relationship on him.

His steps halted when she said,
"You can stay at Hosoek-ah's tonight if you want."

Though it was tempting, Yoongi felt it wasn't right to leave her alone with his father.

"No, that's okay. I'll be upstairs. Tell him I slept or something."

Closing the door behind him, he jumped onto the bed without even taking off his jacket. Comfort seeped through each and every cell of his body until the sound disturbed him.

Initially he thought of ignoring it. Keeping his eyes closed he laid still like a log. But the sound was too irritating.

"Hello,"
he said groggily as he pulled out his phone from his jacket pocket and placed it on his ear.

"Eomma was admitted in the hospital," Joon's voice spoke to him in a low voice.

"She slipped and fell down the stairs."

"Is she okay?" Yoongi asked concerned sitting up on his bed.

"She is fine now. Just a sprain. She'll be discharged tomorrow", Joon replied.

"Are you alone at the hospital? Do you want me to come?" Yoongi offered.

"No, that's okay. Appa is here. Soran is also here."

Yoongi hummed in response. He knew that Joon lived with his mother and his sister Soran.

The group had met Soran a few years ago when they had gone to meet Joon's appa in their hardware shop.

"Okay", Yoongi nodded even though he was on the phone.

After cancelling the call he felt a little down. He immediately took off.

--

He sat outside the hospital room with Joon.

"I'm glad you came," Joon thanked him with a small smile.

"I was free anyway", Yoongi shrugged.

"I'll go get these medicines," said Joon and stood up.

"No, you stay here. I'll go," Yoongi stood up with him.

Joon pushed Yoongi's shoulders down and made him sit again,

"its okay," he added and walked away as Yoongi watched him.

"You two seem really close."

A voice made Yoongi turn his face to its owner. He saw Soran smile his way. She sat on the chair across him. He smiled back,

"Yeah. You know we've known each other for a very long time."
She smiled and nodded.

By the time Joon came back, Soran was sitting beside Yoongi, both deep in conversation. She was smiling and that made his heart at ease.

She was a strong girl. He knew that. But he loved that even though for a few minutes, she could forget their problems.