Chapter 61

It was dark. Through the window, he could see the empty wall in the living room, the only room where the light was on. Placing one hand on the gate, he contemplated whether or not to go in.

He had wanted to visit to get his items. But he feared. He feared he might return to his sixteen year old self if he went in. Taemin’s words had affected Yoongi.

Just then, his phone rang.

Joon.

Another person he desperately needed to talk to and wanted to avoid at the same time. He picked up the call and listened as he placed it on his ear.

“Call everyone right now…Hyung is missing.”

-----

Yoongi informed Jimin and Tae while Jimin had called Hoseok. They had decided to meet at the city centre, near the mayor’s building.

Yoongi ran with all his might. Panting hard, he got there just in time. The other boys had just arrived.

“What do you mean he is missing? When I left he was there. And he was happy,” Jimin said as he tried to calm his rate of breathing.

“Well, we got into talking and he again refused to go to a doctor. I had just gone in to drink some water. When I returned, he wasn’t there,” Joon explained.

“And you are sure he is not at the house?” Kookie asked.

“I checked his room as well. He was not there,” Joon shook his head as he spoke.

“Where could he gave gone in the middle of the night?” Tae asked as he dishevelled his hair in frustration.

“I don’t know,” Hoseok threw his hands up in the air,
”the bowl?”

The Bowl was where it all began…

Jimin recollected something Jin had said just before he left.

Watching his expressions change, Joon asked,
“What?”

Jimin turned to him,
“He could be at the bowl,” Jimin walked as he continued, “He was attached to that place, more than any of us!”

Soon they picked up pace as they ran to the place that was once their ‘second home’.

Hyung! Please be okay! Please be okay!
Kookie prayed as he ran.

He led the pack followed by Jimin, Hoseok, Tae, Yoongi and finally Joon.

As they entered in the bowl, Kookie screamed at the top of his lungs.
“JIN HYUNG!”

They walked to the centre and looked around. Night had fallen, but the moonlight aided their vision. But they couldn’t see anything move.

Yoongi ran up to the part where the accident had occurred, followed by Kookie. It was sealed with police tape.

Upon not finding anything or anyone, he walked away a few steps, careful to not cross the seal. When he saw Yoongi retreat, Kookie turned around to face the bowl and screamed again,
“JIN HYUNG!”

There was no response.
“Kookie-ah! Try calling him as ‘Taemin’!” Jimin shouted.

“TAEMIN!”
There still was no response. Silence engulfed the night and Kookie broke it.

“TAEMIN! JUNG TAEMIN!”

There was pin drop silence.

“TAEMIN-AH!”

Nothing.

Yoongi and Kookie walked down to the centre. All the while Kookie kept trying.

“TAEMIN-AH!”

“TAE!”

“Don’t call him that! Makes me feel weird,” Tae asked Kookie to stop.

“He is not here! Where could he be now?”

“What exactly did he say to you?” Hoseok asked Joon.

Frustration and guilt took over him. He clenched his fists as he tried to remember the conversation. He said,

“He talked about how Jin hyung would not be able to handle the pain of how he caused the death of two people. I mean, Taemin was sure that Jin hyung would not be able to survive through it.

And then I told him not to underestimate Jin hyung. I…” Joon trailed off as he licked his dry lips.

“I may be wrong,” Hoseok spoke after five seconds of silence,” but do any of you think that he might have gotten hurt when Joon supported Jin hyung over Taemin?”

Though initially he found it absurd, Tae nodded as he thought over it,” it’s a possibility.”

As Yoongi tried to digest the likelihood of that opinion, he shook his head and said,
“But that still doesn’t tell us where he might be right now!”

“You don’t think he…”

Yoongi eyed the owner of the voice. Without completing his sentence, Kookie stood with round eyes.

It was Jimin and Tae who completed him by whispering at the same time.

“Escaped?”
“Ran away?”

It was likely to happen.
Hoseok thought.

“Aish!” feeling annoyed Joon rubbed his face. “So what do we do?”

“Let’s just go to all the places he could be! His school? The cemetery? The lake?” Tae gave ideas.

“Cemetery is a good possibility,” Hoseok agreed,” Why would he go the lake? He hates water,” he asked Tae.

“I was just listing out the places we usually go to.”

“No wait!” Joon suddenly said,” Jin hyung hates water. Taemin doesn’t!”

“So?” Hoseok asked him.

“I don’t know. I have a feeling,” he said his eyes unfocused.

“Let’s split up,” Joon looked at the boys,
”Hobi, Tae and Yoongi. Go to the cemetery to find him. Jimin and Kookie, come with me.”

“Where are we going?” Kookie asked him.

Joon took in a deep breath, feeling determined.

“To the lake.”