Chapter 35

Jimin closed the door to his room and locked it from the inside. He leaned his back against the door and slowly slid to the floor.

Clutching his knees to his chest, he tried to wrap his head around the events of the day. It was too much to handle for such a short time. Tae’s revelation, the fight with him, Hobi hyung’s secret and then whatever followed.

After the incident, they had immediately fled the scene unsure what else to do. But they needed a solution.

They were the only witnesses to the fortuity. Juan’s ‘friends’ had also fled the scene sometime amidst the chaos.

Since Jin’s grandpa was alone, Jin had to go home. But being scared of his current state of mind, Joon took the initiative to stay with him for the night.

The rest left for their own abodes. They had to talk about it. Decide what to do. Maybe the next day, maybe tonight. As soon as possible.

Jimin immediately got up and ran to the nearest plug point. After making sure that his battery was charging, he switched on his phone to call Yoongi.

He wasn’t surprised to find a few missed calls from Tae, Hoseok and Yoongi in his phone. As soon as he dialled Yoongi, there was a knock on his door.

“I’M BUSY!” he yelled out loud.

“Mr. Park wants to see you,” the owner of the voice replied. Jimin’s eyes widened. His heart started racing. His appa never really talked to him unless a company dinner or a conference was coming up.

Why today?

Hoping that it’s just his imagination getting the best of him, he yelled,
“5 minutes!” and ran to the shower. The last thing he wants was his appa getting suspicious of anything.

A few minutes later he walked into his appa’s office and knocked on the open door.

“You called?” he asked.

“Anything happen today?” his appa turned around in his revolving chair. Jimin could only gulp at his question and expression. His appa had never looked so scary as far as he could remember.

Does he know?
His could hear his pulse in his ears.

“I got a call from the station.”
Thump

“They wanted to see you.”
Thump

“Apparently some kid’s body was found outside the Bowl.”
Thump

“They wanted to come and pick you up. Because you were my son they called first and requested you to be taken there.”
Thump

He stood up, fixed his suit and spoke as he walked towards the door.

“We’ll just go and return soon. I told them it has nothing to do with you. It’s not like you own that place. Nonsense rumours to drag our name through mud”.

He looked at Jimin’s face, studied the expression and exhaled.

“Don’t worry.”
He said and walked out of the room.

--

Jimin wasn’t surprised to find the other boys at the station. And they all looked terrified. Especially Kookie and Hoseok.

Joon had an arm wrapped around Jin. Jimin was more terrified of Jin’s state who looked lost and expressionless.

While his appa spoke to the cops, Jimin whispered to Yoongi,

”I tried calling you, but he-“he looked at his appa,”-summoned me to the office.”
Yoongi nodded in response.

Jimin motioned his head towards Jin,

”How has he been doing?”

Yoongi shook his head,
”Not good. He hasn’t spoken a single word yet.”

“What about the two that escaped?”

“No idea. It’s not like anyone knew they were there today. And they had escaped before whatever had happened, happened. Look, no one knows if we were there today either. Maybe we went to the arcade! Or to the lake!”

Yoongi stopped when Jimin’s face fell as he heard his hyung come up with a lie.

Yoongi sighed,” You know Jin hyung would never do something like this on purpose. He can’t even hurt a fly! It was an accident!” he paused when all the boys leaned in to join the conversation.

Joon followed Yoongi,” that’s what I have been saying, it was an accident that’s all!” he sounded as if trying to reassure Jin who still had his eyes on the ground without blinking.

“Why can’t we just tell them the truth then?” Kookie whispered sitting beside Tae.

“Because they wouldn’t believe us! You are just fourteen Kookie, you still have a lot to learn how the world works”, Yoongi continued,” we should-“

“Jimin?”

Yoongi was cut short by Jimin’s appa’s voice. The boys turned to find everyone’s parents standing at the door watching them. Well all except Jin’s grandpa and Yoongi’s appa who hadn’t come.

He said,

“The cops just want to talk to you since you spend a lot of time there. Don’t worry. They don’t have any proof that you had anything to with it.”