Chapter 25

This is me being paranoid👇

BTS Comeback date:
May 18,2018

The date BTS stresses on in their notes:
May 22,2022

Notice the similarity in the dates?
Why do I feel that May22,2022 in the real world is going to be a memorable day for BTS and Army? What have they planned for May22,2022?

Anyway, back to the story.

(Edit) 17 April, 2022: Looks like I was wrong. Next comeback is on June 10, 2022.
---

Blue and white striped top paired with a yellow skirt. Long hair was let down and swayed in the wind as she walked with the other girls laughing out loud. Her smile. He couldn’t get it out of his head. So pure and so beautiful.

His heart skipped a beat he saw her the first time. An infatuation. Maybe a crush. That was all he thought it was. But it had been days. And he was restless.

**

“I hope you'll like her,” Tae said as they waited for her at the café.

“We definitely like the way she looks,” Jimin winked at Tae and nudged Hoseok.

Tae laughed and playfully hit jimin on hos arm. He said,

”All jokes aside, hands off! She is my girl.”

“Ooooh,” Jimin howled raising his arms in defence.

Sohyun walked in after a few minutes. She spotted Tae and walked over to their table.

“Hey!” she side hugged Tae and waved at the other two.

“Sohyun, these are my friends, Jimin and Hoseok hyung,” Tae introduced the boys to her.

“I heard you have been friends for a long time!” she said as she sat down.

“Almost seven years,” Jimin replied.

His phone beeped suddenly. He took it out and saw a missed call. His face fell. It was from his appa. Sneakily he placed it back in his pocket. And then it beeped again. Feigning a smile he said,

“I’ll be right back.”

When he walked out, he dialled back after making sure that he was well away from earshot of anyone around. His appa picked up his call after merely two rings.

“What?”

Jimin asked without hiding any annoyance that he felt. He replied to his appa without masking his distress.

“…I told you I’ll be there by eight...I know how to behave at a dinner party…because this isn’t my first-…I don’t want to meet her…I don’t care how important her father is…I don’t like her appa…no appa…but-…yes Park ssi.”

He talked animatedly at the last part and cut the call.

He stood there as he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. And then he breathed out.

Immediately all the pent up anger resurfaced as he smashed his phone onto the ground. As he watched the phone break into a number of pieces that flew in various direction, he felt himself calm down a little.

Putting on his ‘mask’, he practiced a smile as he walked back into the café.

After talking for a while and finishing their beverages, they said their goodbyes making plans to hang out more.

“So? What do you think?” Tae asked them as they watched Sohyun walk away at a distance.

“I like her”, Jimin said with a smile. Tae breathed in relief.

“Hyung?” he asked Hoseok.

“She seems to really like you,”

Hoseok smiled at Tae and gave a nod of approval.
Tae jumped in joy and crushed their heads, pulling them into a hug.

“But you were so quiet hyung. All okay?” Jimin asked Hoseok when Tae let go of them.

“He was just being big brotherly while you were being too friendly,” Tae chuckled but then continued seriously,

”Like I said. ‘My’ girl! Remember…” and then broke out into his boxy smile.

“When are you planning for her to meet Kookie?” Hoseok asked all of a sudden.

Tae sighed,

” Soon. I just…I don’t know how he’ll react. He says he is okay but he seems a little off.”

“Do it soon. The more you delay it, the worse it’ll get,”

Jimin said in a serious tone to which Tae nodded, biting his lip.

--

Sohyun: So…did your friends like me? Did I get their ‘approval’?

Tae: They loved you! But it’s not their ‘approval’ that you need

Sohyun: Jungkook?

Tae: Yeah

Tae: I am worried about him. I don’t know how to bring him aboard. It’s not that he doesn’t like you. It’s just…

Tae: This is all new to him I guess

Sohyun: Should I be worried?

Tae: A little bit. Yes :D

Sohyun: :/

Tae: He is the most important person in my life.

Tae: At least I know for sure that two of my friends like you. And the others too would definitely love you!

Tae: But Kookie is hard to please

Sohyun: I’ll try my best :)