Chapter 33

The sky was getting cloudier by the minute and everything seemed darker. Wind was gaining speed and it had started to chill them to their core. It was either that or something else that was going to happen soon that had brought about the change.

Hoseok suddenly stood up and said,
”Taehyungah! I need to confess something.”

All eyes were on Hoseok now. The boys were confused as to what did Hoseok have to ‘confess’. Hoseok’s head on the other hand brought back suppressed memories…

He slowly moved forward and touched her forehead with his.

And then it happened.

Soon his lips separated from hers and he said,

‘I love you…’

It was then that reality hit him. He opened his eyes and saw hers that grew wide at his sudden unexpected action and confession. She was shocked and so was he.

It wasn’t planned. He just couldn’t handle watching her in so much pain, thinking that something was wrong with her.

Within the matter of a few seconds they had separated and kept measurable distance between them. Hands off but eyes still on the other.

“I kissed her.”

Joon furrowed his brows in confusion. But Yoongi understood. He shook his head in disappointment. And then it hit the rest of them.

All, but Tae.

“Kissed whom?” he asked.

Jimin widened his eyes. Forgetting their own issues he ran to Tae, blocking him from Hoseok.

“Hyung wait,” Kookie tried to hold onto Tae’s waist.

Tae couldn’t understand why everyone were trying to calm him down when he wasn’t even getting mad. He looked around at them. Some had surprise on their face, while some had pain written all over.

“What? Kissed whom?”

He looked at Hoseok who refused to meet his eyes. Most of them stood in between him and Hoseok, ready to face anything that followed. Joon and Yoongi stood closer to Hoseok, Joon’s eyes alert and chin pointed in concentration. Tae couldn’t see Jin.

The events from a few days back came roaring into his head…

“Hyung! I’ll explain later. Can you please drop her off?”

He hadn’t really talked to Hoseok after that being too busy dealing with Kookie. It didn’t take him more than a second to put two and two together.

“Sohyun?”

he said, barely louder than a whisper. The silence however let everyone hear it clearly.

“YOU KISSED MY GIRLFRIEND?!”

He yelled and lunged towards Hoseok. Hoseok stood rooted to his spot while others tried to pull Tae back.

“Calm down Tae,” Jimin tried to keep him away from Hoseok.

“HOW COULD YOU? I LOVED HER! SHE WAS MY GIRL HYUNG!” Tae ended up crying and hugged the nearest body he could find, which was Jimin.

What Tae or any of the others didn’t notice was Kookie who had let go of a distressed Tae and stood at a distance, watching him cry. He couldn’t handle watching Tae cry over her, while his grip was tightened around Jimin.

The realisation that Tae may never feel back the same way for him tore him apart.

With tears in his own eyes, kookie turned his face away from Tae towards Jin, expecting a disappointed look on his hyung’s face. But Jin was not looking at him. Or Tae. Or anyone else present there for that matter.

Jin had shock registered on his own and was staring at a distance without blinking. When Kookie followed his hyung’s gaze, he saw three boys around their age, walking towards them through the entrance to the Bowl.

“I’m sorry I did it! It was a mistake! I’m sorry Taehyungah!” Hoseok cried as he tried to close the distance between him and Tae.

But he stopped his steps feeling afraid of whatever that could happen if he did.

“Why did you do it then?” Tae asked in his deep voice, looking up from Jimin’s shoulders.

“Huh? Why did you do it?” his voice started rising again,

”WHY DID YOU KISS HER?!”

“It’s not like I planned it! She was crying and I couldn’t control my feelings anymore! You can’t stand watching her crying either can you?”

“That’s different! I LOVED HER!”

“SO DID I!”

While everyone stood shocked at the revelation, an unexpected smirk followed.

“Dude! You kissed his girl?”