20• "im sorry darling"

I pushed my arms up against the wall as I pressed my entire strength against it. I sucked in as hard as I could and held my breath.

"Come on! Suck it in!" Margot says out of breath and I try to speak without breathing.

"I am! I can't suck in anymore. It's pointless it won't fit!" I groan and let my stomach release to my happiness.

"Bullshit. It fit an hour ago!" She says in awe.

"Yeah well maybe that was before I ordered 3 bowls of large nachos with extra salsa" I said quietly and she rolled her eyes, a laugh breaking on her face. A few more tugs and the zip strained up my arched back.

This was against my will anyway, I'd been forced to go out in Paris because I had to show Calum 'I didn't care'.

I walk over to the mirror. My feet were squeezed into strappy black heels, as a emerald green dress clung to my body. I wasn't going to lie, it made my curves look great but I just wish I had some spandex or something to hold my food baby in.

I sigh and just ignore it, it can't be helped. And kneel down to take my small spotty bag out of my suitcase and Margot snaps it out of my hand.

"No no! This night is not for neutral makeup!" She says and I roll my eyes and whine.

"Margot I can't do any other makeup, I hate it! You have neutral makeup!"

"Yeah well- this isn't for me! It's for you" she says putting the bag behind her back and I sigh slowly grumbling.

"I'm doing your makeup" Ruby says as if it's nothing and my eyes widen.

Ruby wasn't bad at makeup, in fact she was amazing. But it was so over the top, she always had perfect eyebrows and sharp contour, blinding highlight to the Gods and perfectly lined lips. I was lucky if I could put concealer under my eyes without getting half of it in my eyelashes like some sort of ivory mascara.

"And before you sigh and stomp your feet. I'm doing it and if you don't let me I'm cancelling room service" she says and suddenly she reminds me a lot like my older sister Alexis, I just do a muffled sigh as I'm too tired to go against her protests.

Half an hour later and I'm dragged to the mirror, suffering from a dead leg from leaning on it for so long. They hustle me in my reflection and a new girl faces me.

She has long, black hair reaching her waist, brown eyes shaded with thick coats of mascara and a soft brown smoky eye and she was dressed in a beautiful green dress which made her legs look longer than they actually were.

"I-I love it!" I say truthfully and I smile genuinely for the first time tonight. I felt pretty, and when I felt pretty I felt like I could conquer the world.

"Good! Because so do I, now get your butt over to the door because we are LEAVING!" Margot whoops and I laugh. Tonight seemed to be looking up, it was the last night until I went home to see my family. They were still unaware but it couldn't be helped.

"Say goodbye to your hibernation zone!" Ruby says pointing to my bed and I wave to the noticeable dent in the white sheet where I'd wallowed in nachos and self pity.

I felt sexy. Fuck Calum. If he wants Melissa so much then she can have him, I don't need Calum Hood I'm Cindy fucking Kimberly I don't need a fucking man. I'm an independ-

Calum leaned against his hotel door and I had a double take. He had his signature black jeans on but they looked blacker than usual, a cashmere white shirt was over his body and he had a black leather jacket slung over his shoulders. His feet were covered with black converse and tied weirdly the way he does it around his ankle.