23•"make sure you follow the rules"

The rest of the morning with Calum was spent lazily lying tangled in his sheets. Both avoiding the elephant in the room about what was happening with us. Occasionally he left the bed to come back with cereal and we picked from the box and just talked about everything. I showed him how to work my camera and then he decided me have one of those 'photo shoots' where we were in the white sheets like a old movie.

After he eventually let me leave with numerous kisses tingling my shoulders all the way up to my lips, I ran quickly into my room closing the door behind me and sliding down the door like a geeky, love sick school girl. Well I suppose I am one, I practically tick all the boxes; smiling and giggling when I think of him? Yep. Dancing around my room like I'm on some sort of happy drug? Yep. Checking the photos of us and holding them to my chest like I'm Taylor Swift? Yep.

I replayed the events in my head as I messily packed my purple suitcase that was spilling out half of my contents. I couldn't focus as I was asking myself too many questions at once and attempting to answer them all. I knew for a fact the boys couldn't know what happened. They'd just stop it from happening, even if it was from my benefit. If something was to happen with me and Calum it would have to be top secret. We almost got caught and that would of been torture. I still contemplated on telling the girls, half of me just enjoyed this being between me and him and the rest of the world shut out.

But now I have more important things to worry about, I was flying back home tomorrow to spend a week with my family and Sierra, and as sad as I was to leave Calum I never thought I would say I was so excited to be sweltering in the desert heat of my hometown. The only downer was I was flying home alone. Luke actually decided on bringing Margot home with him, and I feel envious as I watch everyone be perfectly fine with their relationship blooming in front of our eyes. But mine is a crime that can't be committed.

I give up on folding the clothes and stuff them all in at once. Bad idea. As I wheeze trying to zip the case with all my might I give up sitting defeated in front of the suitcase that seems to be laughing at me. I barely notice the door open and the figure enter the room behind me.

"Need a little help?" I hear a familiar voice call and I turn around my face flushing red. Zoe stands there smiling with her trademark shirt on and a skirt because of the heat. She's holding a coffee in her hand and I brush my tangled hair out of my eyes.

"Oh no I'm fine! Thanks" I quickly splutter out but she raises her eyebrows and comes and kneels beside me unzipping the suitcase to be met with my avalanche of close. Embarrassing.

"Jesus Cindy, you have to fold them" she chuckles and I laugh politely but I can't help but finding it weird how unprofessional it is that the manager of the tour who is usually scary strict is helping me like my Mom used to do when I went to summer camp and didn't know what to pack.

I begin packing the clothes neatly she's folding quickly and setting beside me. I break the silence as I place my orange blouse on the crumby covering of my beaten case.
"You sure know how to fold" I smile and she glances at me smiling back and continuing to fold.

"Yeah. Luke still struggles with his clothes, last year I literally had to pack for him every time we left a city. He's just like a baby" she laughs and I giggle fondly at the thought of Luke being stressed over not being able to pack all his pairs of black jeans.

"So how's the photos coming along? Are you building up a steady portfolio for the final piece" she says interrupting my thoughts and the playful conversation fades into the air. I chew my lip slowly, I have been really slacking on my photos and forgetting the reason why I'm even here in the first place. I make a mental note to spend the week break catching up.

"Yeah it's great! It's coming along fine" I smile weakly and lie through my teeth. Zoe just nods in approval as I pick at a button on my pyjama top.

"That's great. I see you've been spending some time with Calum recently" she says and I freeze in mid-pick. Trying to keep my cool I smile stiffly at her.

"Huh? No not really he's just been talking to me sometimes" I whisper out slightly blushing at the confrontation arising. I think of times where I have been a little too public with Calum and mentally curse myself.

"Yeah, he is quite the charmer. Just make sure you follow the rules Cindy, I wouldn't want to cancel your chance here because of some crush. A lot of girls have been in your position and thrown it away" she replies looking at me.

I gulp silently and wonder how many girls have been just like me, head over heels for a rockstar and had their dreams crushed. It didn't seem like a lot but I didn't want to be added onto that number. I faked my best laugh and glanced at my now full neat case.

"No no. It's not like that, I can't imagine anything like that happening. I can assure you I'm just here for the job opportunity, and because I'm such a big fan" I gabble out the last lie and Zoe studies me for a second before smiling at me and standing up.

"Well that's good, anyway get a good rest tonight your awake early tomorrow!" She says and I thank her for the help as she closes the door behind her.

Sighing in relief I relax into the plush carpet trying to calm down my racing mind. If I stay calm and sensible I'll be perfectly fine. Won't I?

My phone buzzes and I lift it from behind the case and the message lights up my screen dimly along with a few other notifications.

Calum: sneak out tonight loser, I won't see you for a week and I miss u already;)

I blush at the message thinking of a reply. I knew I was risking a lot sneaking out tonight, especially because I was awake so early tomorrow. But I just couldn't turn down this opportunity, I mean who would right?

Cindy: okay sure. When? x

I contemplated whether I should send the x, but I decided my text was too boring and the x was better than a lame smiley face or tongue emoji.

Calum: around 1 am. I'll come knock on ur door. gtg Michaels raiding my fridge x

I chuckle to myself at the thought of Michael scurrying through Calum's bare fridge eagerly as Calum tried to pry him away from the stainless steel door. I quickly pack my camera under my bundle of clothes and zip my suitcase with ease leaning on my hands as I watch the Paris sunset from my balcony as I sigh in bliss.

If only life could be like this forever I'd never leave this hotel room or the sounds and smells of the beautiful city, the city I haven't even got a taste of yet. Ironic how I haven't even experienced the city of love yet, but I was experiencing every aspect it had to offer me right in this hotel with one particular person.

And he's not even French.

A/N

HI GUYS IM SO SORRY IVE DISAPPEARED I HAVE HAD SUCH BAD Writers BLOCK AND I FELT SO BAD IM SO SORY I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND!

THIS IS SUCH A CRAPPY FILLER BUT I JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOMETHING IM SOOO SORRY:((
Xx