24• "to us"

I lay on the bed that had dented itself with my body shape over the hours as I tossed and turned fully dressed for the past two hours. Checking the clock on the table beside me it read 1:42 in mocking flashing green numbers and the ticking irritated me further.

He's probably just running late. I think to myself but it's been nearly an hour since we've planned to meet up. I let out a sigh and grab my phone which was somewhere stuffed underneath the sheets, and to my dismay I'm met with no missed calls or messages.

I begin to send a text then erase it, why should I always have to text Calum and beg for his attention? I feel the dreaded familiar feeling of Calum just being some figure that enters my life when he wants to, because he's a famous rockstar and I'm a undergrad loser.

I hit my hands against my head as if to knock the thoughts away and let out a defeated sigh before calling it a night, I stand up in the dimly lit room and make my way towards the mirror. I can almost hear the laughing at myself as I reflect a fully dressed girl with makeup on with no where to go. I take off my makeup lazily and slip off the clothes I have and throw on my Arizona University shirt and sweatpants.

I check my phone one more time after I get under the sheets and again I'm met with nothing, flicking off the light I shut my eyes quickly ignoring the prickling of tears at the back of them and clutch my sheets tightly.

I woke up with a start at the sound of light tapping at my door and I shifted confused, I wiped the drool from my mouth slightly emerging and squinted my eyes at the clock. It read 3:02 and I listened our for the tapping again that knocked on my door. Feeling slightly afraid I got out from the cosy bed and padded along the carpet to the door, I peeked through the peephole to be met with a familiar set of chocolate brown eyes.

Calum saw my eye and stuck his tongue out before glancing around the hallways quickly.
"Open up the door would you? I look like a freak out here" he half whispers-half shouts and I unlatch the door as he flounders his way in and leaning against it after.

"Calum? It's 3 in the morning what the hell are you doing here? I have a flight tomorrow" I yawn and his facial expression turns into a confused one.

"What? I texted you saying we were sneaking out" he replied and I turn my back and walk into the hotel room further rolling my eyes.

"Yeah 2 hours ago Calum, you never turned up and I packed it in. Thanks for that" I gesture to the pile of clothes on the ground and clamber back into bed not caring if he was standing metres away from me.

He takes the opportunity to sit on the edge with an apologetic look on his face and pouts like a child, I roll over on my pillow and block him out.

"I'm sorry okay? I've been- um- doing some things I didn't mean to lose track of time" he sighed and I emerge from my cocoon to look at his face. When I don't reply he crosses his long legs and faces me fully continuing with his apology.

"I have a surprise for you. Come on get up, just think of it as me making it up to you for being late" He says like a child and I watch the light twinkle in his dark eyes as I let out an unattractive yawn.

"Calum, I hate surprises and I am so tired csnt this wait?" I mutter closing my eyes but he taps the side of my face annoyingly and I open one eye to look at his face metres from mine. He kisses my nose gently and I thank God the room is dark so he wouldn't see my cheeks flushing with colour from his gesture.

"No way! Come on sleepy head get up" Calum grabs my arms and slowly drags me from the bed despite my pleas and clutching onto the sheets, when I'm on the ground again I make my way towards the mirror and I look positively homeless.