25• "i'll miss you"

I dared to let my eyes shut as I leant back in the armchair. The sound of hustle and bustle surrounded me and the intercom calling out departures and gate numbers didn't exactly lull me to sleep.

That didn't matter right now though, I was positively exhausted. Staying up all night on a freezing rooftop, drinking champagne until I couldn't stop the embarrassing burps, because of the fizzing erupting in my stomach mixed with the butterflies already there, wasn't exactly a good idea when I had a flight to catch at 8am. I didn't regret it for one second though, it had been one of the best nights of my life.

Unlike usually, most of us were separating our own ways for one week, home to our families and friends and even though I felt like a zombie, I was still excited. Although flying alone sucked, I was thankful I could catch up on the must needed sleep I had lacked over the past couple of weeks.

I was just starting to drift off into the comfortable surroundings of darkness when I felt a hand nudge me and I opened one eye in clear annoyance at the intruder. A sheepish faced Ethan was smiling at me from the arm chair beside me. I forced a weak smile and raised a confused eyebrow at the interruption.

"Um, sorry I woke you up I just wanted to know if you would wanna come get coffee with me? Like 12 people are asking and I am unfortunately not an octopus" He chuckles and his warm smile makes me feel a little more awake. That and coffee sounded amazing right now.

"Sure I'll come help, doesn't seem like any of these lot will be able to anyway" I reply slightly giggling as I face the room of sleepy tour members scattered across the place.

Most of them were sleeping, I spotted Ruby curled up like a cat into her cashmere scarf, Michael and Ashton were resting on each other  stretched across a sofa while Luke was curled up into Margot's lap as her soft snores mirrored his own. Some, however were still awake, typing furiously on laptops probably sorting out interview and photo shoot opportunities or viciously replying to a flood of emails. I spotted Zoe speaking on the phone outside the room we were provided with, looking frustrated but still confident all the same. It still amazed me how much people were involved in sorting the boys life's out. All their fans waited weeks, months even years to watch their shows and little of them realised how much work goes on behind the scenes.

I adjusted the oversized sweater I had on as I stood up and stretched my tired limbs, Ethan sent me a smile before making his way to the door, I followed him but glanced round behind me to sneak a look at the boy who I was sitting beside just few moments ago.

Calum lay with his head back and his mouth slightly open, his arms folded and his eyebrows knitted together in concentration. I found myself envying to know what was going on inside his head, what he was dreaming about. Was it his family? Was it some random, crazy dream about flying? Was it about the boys? Was it about me?

I send a soft smile at the sleeping boy who is unaware I'm even milking in his character like a stalker, and follow Ethan out into the fairly empty airport. I wasn't surprised, it was only 6:00. We were forced to leave early because of the distance from the hotel to the airport, nobody thought that there would be little to no traffic at 4:00 in the morning, so when we arrived at 5:30, nobody was happy.

I walked on the tiled grounds, my sleepy eyes scanning around for a sign of some sort of coffee. The sun was weakly coming in, shining onto us from the huge windows all over the airport. I let the sunlight bask me happily as the aroma of coffee beans becomes closer.

"So, how have you found the tour so far?" Ethan asks, breaking the comfortable silence between us. I didn't mind though.

"Well, it's been tiring and stressful, but I've really loved it. I've seen so many new places and new faces, I never thought I would be able to experience something so rewarding" I replied honestly, fiddling with my fingers inside the warm cocoon of my sleeves.