21•"theres something wrong"

When I woke up it was far too early, it wasn't like the way the movies say it is. I painfully remembered every moment of last night, unless I was making it up as some sort of crazy scenario in my head. But the soft breathing on the back of my neck, the warm skin touching mine and the horrible taste in my mouth confirmed this was infact real.

I lay for awhile while the sun went up, I honestly and shamefully admitted I didn't want to leave Calum, in his warm bed with his legs intertwined in mine and soft snores diffusing into the air every few minutes.

The entire time I fought with my own thoughts in my head, it was factual that I like Calum, even had feelings for him. But the most frustrating is he doesn't, or at least I think he doesn't. I don't know what to think anymore, when I convince myself he surely doesn't like me or care. Something in my body connects me back to him, as if something is holding me there.

I replayed his apology over and over in my head like a broken record, I never wanted it to end and I was determined that if I repeated it enough times it would permanently loop in my brain when I needed to hear his voice.

Im going fucking crazy.

The embrace peeled itself off my exposed waist and I froze in my spot, please just be turning over I prayed in my head but as I heard the small groan escape from Calum's throat I knew he was awake.

Oh fuck it I'm sick of being so afraid of everything.

I turned my body round to face him and his droopy, tired eyes and his curly hair with the new blonde in it messily cover his head. He looked so fucking beautiful without even trying, like an angel. Just in the form of the devil. But I suppose the devil was an angel right?

"Hi" I croaked out an inaudible noise and cleared my throat quickly to prepare for my second attempt to be normal.

"Morning" I said, that sounded a lot better. Wait did it? Or did that sound too like 'hey this is perfectly normal let's do this again".

Calum's eyes shot at me and his face went a little pale and I wanted the bed to swallow me up, I decided to just leave my embarrassment behind with the satin sheets and the tangle of bodies.

I sighed and turned to stand up, slowly making sure my legs didn't give away because that's all they'd been doing recently, but Calum's hand gripped my wrist and I was pulled back into the bed and back into his strong embrace.

I blinked in shock, not knowing what to say or what to do. We waited in the few awkward seconds just being here with eachother, it was perfect.

"Morning love"

Love

My cheeks reddened almost immediately as his raspy morning voice danced it's way into my ears and overcame my body, I knew he was waiting for my response but I didn't trust my words at this moment.

But something had to be said, it couldn't go on like this.

I looked up at his deep eyes and they locked with mine, I took a deep breath and twiddled my fingers nervously.

"Listen Calum, about last night and about the sound check it's just been really confus-"

I was interrupted when a pair of soft lips connected with mine. I stayed still in shock for a few seconds, before my body took over and I began kissing him back. Our mouths moved in sync and it was slow and sweet, with one arm wrapped around my neck and the other protectively around my waist we were locked together like a lock and a key. It just fitted perfectly.