Chapter 3

As soon as I woke up the events of last night replayed in my mind. I jumped out of bed and took a quick shower. I brushed my teeth and made my way into the closet. I decided on a red supreme windbreaker, some Gucci snake shoes, and some lulu lemon leggings. I put my hair in a bun, purposely excluding a couple pieces at the top, so they could frame my face.

I grabbed my phone and quickly made my way down the stairs, I ran all the way to my dad's office, before stopping abruptly and knocking. I heard a come in and ran into the room.

Unexpectedly I found my dad sitting at his desk with the four chairs in front of his desk being occupied by four boys, who looked to be around 17. My dad looked at me briefly, before turning back to the boys, and muttering one last thing. They turned to get up, and by they're faces I could tell they were petrified by whatever my dad said. They turned to look at me and gave me looks of sorrow, one even gave me a thumbs up. I raised an eyebrow before turning my head back to my dad.

He looked up at me, with a smile as soon as the boys left and asked me to take a seat. However, I was still extremely salty about how he practically ignored my presence when the boys were standing there. He looked at me expectantly before I turned my gaze to my phone and began to call my mom.

Yes that will show him, my thoughts said sarcastically

I rolled my eyes at my childish thoughts. "Cara, why are you ignoring me?" My father said, "Maybe because you practically ignored my presence when those boys were in here." I said raising my voice an octave, finding myself getting more mad by the second.

"It's not what it looks" He began, "like." I said finishing the infamous phrase "Ya I know," I said finishing for him, rolling my eyes for good measure. "Then tell me this, why do you practically have a strip club in your house?!" I said full on out yelling now. Not even a second later two big burly men, ran into the room, my dad quickly waved them off and they left without hesitation. "AND WHY DO YOU HAVE THESE WEIRD BODYGUARDS EVERYWHERE?" "HOW COME I GOT KIDNAPPED IN MY OWN HOME? ONLY TO BE PRACTICALLY SEDUCED BY A MIDDLE-AGED MAN" I yelled, tears started welling up in my eyes, as I remembered the traumatic experience. My dad was left there speechless as I stormed out of his office.

I was so mad, I didn't even realize where I was going until I couldn't find my way back. I gave up after the fourth, dead-end hallway, and just decided to open up the closest door to me.

Well, I guess I was having some lady luck today because I just so happened to run into a Libray. Not wanting to forget exactly where it was located I took some paper from a desk and wrote Library on it in big letters, I then taped it to the outside door.

"There," I said wiping the imaginary dust off my hands. "All done". I turned back to the library and situated myself on the comfiest couch I have ever laid eyes on. I got out my phone and started texting my friends from back in California.

It was not long before I heard the slam of the Library doors. Me being me, Just ignored it, thinking it was one of those weird bodyguards.

Well, I was right, cause when a long shadow was cast over me I looked up to find a buff guy wearing a black suit. "Excuse miss...." He trailed off waiting for me to finish it, "Miss De Luca," I finished with a proud smile. I saw his face freeze with fear before he covered it up, but not well enough because it was still visible in his eyes. Huh, interesting."Mr. De Luca has been looking for you," He said.

" Which one," I asked, "Lorenzo, Miss," He said. I stood up and motioned for him to lead the way. I was about to walk out the door before I remembered one thing, "I'm sorry, I have to go grab something this will only take a second." I yelled to the bodyguard, not giving him time to respond before I rushed back to the library.

I ran back to the desk, and drew arrows on 30 pieces of paper, before grabbing some tape. I ran back and was once again right beside him. He gave me a weird look but nonetheless kept walking. I started putting up arrows so I could find my way back to the library.

By the time, We made it to Lorenzo's room, I ran out of paper, and just had an empty roll of tape left. Let's just say the walk over was really boring, and now I barely have one piece of usable tape left, the rest is on my clothes.

I gave the bodyguard a nod and opened up Lorenzo's door, only to be met with 4 of my brothers. I jumped into their arms one by one, squeezing them to death, just to get my point across of how much I missed them. "I missed you guys so much" I squealed. "I missed you to M," Lucas said using my middle name as my nickname. He passed me to Aiden, who begun to tickle me. I giggled, to the point where tears were coming out of my eyes. "Not that we're not happy that you're here, but why are you here," Lucas asked. "Well, Mommy went on a trip with her soon to be Fiance, and 'I can't stay home by myself for two years,'" I said using air quotation marks, and rolling my eyes. They chuckled at my dramatics before they all stopped to freeze at Aiden's question.

"Why do you have bruises on your arms and elbows?" Aiden asked his eyes a darker shade than before. My sleeves must have rolled down when he was tickling me, how couldn't I have noticed.

"Oh, Its nothing I don't think he meant to," I said quietly, just above a whisper. Aiden however still heard me, and if I didn't think he was mad before, I definitely couldn't miss it now. "HE?" He growled out. All of my brother's heads snapped in our direction, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE?!" Aiden growled I could feel his chest rumbling against my back with each growl.

 "Like it was a guy". I said barely whispering now.

He spun me around so I was facing him, "Just start from the beginning please M," He said softly, I turned back around so I was facing all my brothers.

As soon as I finished re-telling the story from last night in extreme detail, I now had 3 more fuming brothers. "Guys I'm fine now," I said shyly staring at the ground. Aiden pulled up my sleeve and pressed the now purple bruise, I winced. He only grew angrier by the second. 

"Lorenzo, do you remember which bodyguard was with our sister last night?" Aiden asked. "Ya, he's most likely in training right now" Lorenzo growled angrily. I went to stand up but Aiden only tightened his grip.

"No, No, No, you're coming with us," Aiden said. He stood me up and grabbed my hand gently before pulling me along with him. I waved goodbye to the rest of my brothers before leaving the room with Aiden. When Aiden passed one of the arrows while walking down the stairs he turned towards me with a raised eyebrow.

I gave him a sheepish smile and shrugged. He tickled my stomach, while Enzo, stood there smiling. I finally couldn't take it anymore and be forced to give in. "Okay, Okay, fine it was me," I said with a giggle, laughing at Aiden's triumphant face. 

"Thanks for the backup Enzo," I said mockingly sticking out my tongue, He just rolled his eyes, but the small smile that crept onto his face let me know he was joking.

We were about to turn the corner, when I saw a group of girls a couple of years older than me out of the corner of my eye staring at me, and laughing. My cheeks turned bright red and I looked up to Aiden, with a curious look on my face. "Why are there some random girls in our apartments complex?" I asked confused. 

Aiden looks around until his eyes land on the group of girls, who haven't noticed him yet. They were to busy pointing at me and laughing, and I'm almost positive it didn't sit well with Aiden or Lorenzo, who also noticed.

Aiden started walking up to them, and the girl in the middle finally noticed before she pulled her top down, and skirt up higher. I scoffed. Even though she was pretty far away I could still make out what she is saying.

"Did you decide to get rid of that slut?" she said pointing over at me, all of her friends giggled in my direction, but before my ears could hear any more, I felt two hands covering them, I turned around to see Enzo, there with a pissed-off expression.

This bitch.

Guess we're going to have to play our card

damn right

"Uhhh, Enzo, what is a slut?" I asked, looking up into his eyes. He only grew angrier at this and shook his head. A couple of seconds later Aiden was back next to me.

Something tells me I won't ever have to run into her again