Chapter 11

"Guess who made the cheer team?" I yell as I walk into the apartment. 

"Guess who doesn't care," I hear a deep voice rumble back from somewhere in the house, I roll my eyes. "Rude" I yell back to the unknown voice.  "Cara, shut up before I make you" I hear the voice threaten. God tough crowd, "NO!" I yell back and wait for a response.

Seconds later loud footsteps echo through the left hallway. I start running finally realizing that he wasn't joking.

I can hear them gaining on me so I jump into the closest room to seek cover. I close my eyes and lean against the door panting from all the running I've been doing. Like seriously, whats up with that?

I hear the footsteps pass and I let out a sigh, "Well that was close," I mutter. "What was close?" I hear coming from the room. I jump 5 feet in the air as a result of being caught off guard. 

I look around the room until my eyes land on the bed and sure enough, I see Xavier laying there on his phone as calm as ever. "Oh, nothing," I say playing it off and walk over to him. I jump on the bed beside him and peer over his big frame to see what he is looking at. He quickly exits the tab and goes onto a different app. I raise my eyebrows suspiciously.

 Huh, sus. I shrug and make up a perfectly sensible explanation as to why he didn't want me to see his phone. And that's because he was texting an alien and didn't want me to find out because he was scared of my reaction.

I roll back over so that I'm on my back and take a minute to close my eyes. 

"So did you hear I made the team?" I say with a growing smile. His eyes show nothing but confusion, "What team?" He asks sitting up now to face me.

"Cheer," I say casually and get out my phone to text my friends from boarding school. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Xavier nod and go back to looking at his phone.

"Welp, I'm hungry. Can you pleaseeeeeeeee come downstairs with me" I say wanting Xavier to be there in case that voice decides to take me up on his offer?

He nods and gets up. I can't help but roll my eyes once I see he is not wearing a shirt. "God, does nobody own a shirt in this house except me?" I mumble incredulously to myself.

I think he heard me though because he let out a chuckle. I huff at my comment not being taken seriously, "I'm serious, you guys really need to invest in more shirts," I whine and even go as far as to add in hand gestures to get my point across. 

He just shakes his head at my comment and smirks. 

I hop off his bed and follow him to the door before I jump on his back.

He instantly grabs my legs so I don't fall off. 

We slowly begin walking down the hall. "Giddy up," I yell into his ear and kick his thighs.

 What, that's how you get horses to speed up, well it's either that or the crop, but inconveniently I don't have that with me right now. 

He grunts but starts walking at a much faster pace anyway. I smile to myself at a job well done. 

We soon make it to the kitchen where we unexpectedly find some random guy.

Xavier quickly notices, "Ciao! Non dovresti essere qui," Xavier yells angrily in Italian. The boy nods and walks out of the kitchen. I raise my eyebrows at the conversation they just had, I mean if you could even call it that, it was more of a one-sided thing.

Xavier sets me down on the stool gently and swiftly walks to the fridge without addressing what just happened. Well, I guess it's up to me to ask. 

I sigh, "Who was that?" I ask whilst tracing the marble countertop with my finger.

He huffs, "One of your cousin's friends," I raised my eyebrows "Why did you yell at him," I ask not even realizing that I was leaning forward more.

"Because your cousin was looking for him and he was in here the whole time," He explains calmly and has a certain power in his voice that lets me know he's done talking about it. Lucky for him I'm not in the mood to argue so I just settle on nodding and drinking the water he just set out in front of me.

"Soooooo, whats for dinner?" I ask Xavier once he takes a seat next to me.

He shrugs and raises his eyebrows, "Pizza?" I nod eagerly. He sends a quick text and puts his phone back in his pocket.

I stand up and make my way to the kitchen door before I turn around.

"Hey wanna play Grand Auto Theft?" I ask a competitive glint shining in my eyes.

He chuckles and stands up to follow me.

I grab a controller from the cabinet and plop down on a chair, Xavier said that he would rather play in the movie theater room than the game room, so I have to settle for a chair. Not a couch.

Xavier plops down on the chair next to me and sets up the game. 

Its Xavier turn and he just won't die.

I huff and lean against him all the while trying to keep my eyes open.

He stiffens for a second before he wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer. 

I welcome sleep with Open arms. 

Well at least I tried too before I was rudely interrupted

"Dobbiamo presentare la nostra sorella completamente al gruppo in modo che sappiano a chi appartiene anche lei" I hear Xavier grumble into the phone.

Mostly from me being barely awake but the only thing I caught from that sentence was sister before I passed out again unable to fight off the sleep. 

And the only thing on my mind was I never got my Pizza.