Chapter 19

"Oh my fucking god, what is that godawful sound," I say rolling over to face the device making the blaring noise. I tap snooze on my alarm before pulling myself up and leaning against my backboard. I take the time to look out the window and the sight only makes me groan. 

"Its pitch black out, not even the sun want's to be up, why the fuck should I be?" I push myself out of bed anyway and make my way to my dresser and find a neatly folded black ensemble. I throw it on and notice that it's missing a key part. 

I look in the mirror and asses my outfit. Plain Black leggings, with a plain black sports bra, and a tight workout tank top. Which you guessed it, is also black. I throw on a pair of black running Nike's, before putting my hair up into a messy pony. 

I grab my phone before making my way down the stairs. As I step into the kitchen I'm greeted by 2 of my brothers. "Hey, so which one of you is going to make me a sandwich?" I say eyeing them both.

Aiden sighs, "I will," He walks over to the cupboard grabbing the peanut butter and bread, I take a seat at the counter, and prop myself up with my elbows. 

"Hey, where is Lorenzo?" I ask with a pout. "He's probably still sleeping, none of us are ballsy enough to wake him up," Aiden says while in the midst of making my sandwich. I take in the information and stand up. 

"Well, he needs to take me to training, because I honestly don't know where I',m going, So I'll be right back," I say leaving the kitchen before anybody could get a word out.

I stop outside Lorenzo's door and listen for any signs that he's awake.

Huh, nothing... Guess I have to go in.

I take my first step inside the room, as darkness blankets my eyes. Hmmm, maybe I should get him a nightlight for his birthday. I make a mental note to write that down somewhere before I make my way over to his bed.

Yup, definitely asleep.

I come face to face with him, and give him a little boop on the nose. Just as I expected his eyes shot open and I jumped down to where I was flat on my stomach as his hand went out to swing. I mean what would you expect from a Mafia leader in training? 

Lorenzo let out a growl, still thinking it was one of my brothers until his eyes landed on me. His demeanor immediately softened, and his shoulders relaxed a bit more. 

I mean I kind of have that effect on people, no biggie.

"Cara, what are you doing in here?" He asks his voice still a little hard, thinking that someone set me up to this. 

I stood up from the ground and face planted onto his bed. "Well, today's my first day of training and I want you to take me," I said with a pout, upset that he forgot. His eyes lit up with recognition as he took in what I said.

"I will take you if you want, Just give me five minutes, I'll meet you downstairs," He said playfully pushing me off the bed. I giggled as he caught my legs at the last moment before slowly lowering me in a heap on the ground.

"Yes sir," I saluted, running out the door. I could hear his deep chuckle vibrate off the walls as I made my way down the narrow hallway, and went back the way I came.

I slammed into the kitchen doors and happily found my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I looked up gratefully at Aiden and thanked him for graciously making me it.

True to his word, Lorenzo entered five minutes later, in a suit and all. I finished the rest of my sandwich before giving Aiden and Xavier a kiss on the cheek and followed in pursuit of Lorenzo.

We both made our way into the elevator before pressing floor 4. As the elevator moved down my stomach filled with anticipation. The doors opened to a more than familiar level. The training room. Lorenzo didn't even need to look in the direction of the desk before the doors unlocked and we were let in. 

I guess I was a little late because the training room was already more than filled, and all the curious eyes were on me. I could hear whispers as Lorenzo lead me to the 'teacher'.  The teacher greeted Lorenzo, and once his eyes landed on me he looked less than pleased. 

I mean you just kinda have that effect on people

Oh HAH-AHA. shut up.

I awkwardly stood there as Lorenzo said a couple of things that made the teacher look at me with widened eyes and nod. I fiddled with the rings on my finger as I placed my gaze down. 

I only looked up when Lorenzo's shoes pointed back into my direction. "Have a good day, don't do anything stupid, and remember you are Don's daughter, You don't bow to anyone," 

Even after he left, those words kept repeating in my mind. Even as I sat down among everybody else, those words kept circulating. You don't bow to anyone. You won't bow to anyone. And I knew right then and there, that no matter what, I will live by those words.

Everybody standing up snapped me out of my thoughts. Oh shit, was I supposed to be paying attention? 

I look around for some sort of clue to see everybody walking to the gun range. Well, this is gonna be fun.

"OK, WHAT I WANT YOU ALL TO DO IS GO TO YOUR ASSIGNED GROUP, GRAB A GUN, AND FIND AN OPEN BOOTH" The instructor yell's making everybody scramble to find they're group. Well, guess what bald man, you forgot someone.

what she said Humpty Dumpty.

I huff and annoyedly walk up to the instructor, "Uhm, Excuse me?" I say, making his gaze trail down to me. " I don't have a group," I say as politely as I can. I Mean, being mean is going to get me nowhere, and might even get me placed in a bad group.

"Right," he mutters as if just my presence was annoying him. I hold in an eye roll as he calls a boy my age over. "This is Cara, and she's going to be put in your group,"

The boy gets a devilish glint in his eyes before masking his expression and looking back up at the instructor. "Ok, I'll be sure to take good care of her,"

The instructor mindlessly nods, his attention being more focused on his phone. 

"Hi, I'm Bentley," The boy says grabbing my attention.

"I'm Cara," I say giving him a grateful smile for letting me join his group.

"Are you new? I don't think I've ever seen you around?" He says trying to recall his memory. "Yeah, today is my first day," I said nervously biting my lip.

He nods, and the conversation dies out until we walk up to 2 other boys and a girl. "Guys, this is Cara, this is her first day," He says emphasizing the last part. Wow, guess I'm shark bait then, and that they think I'm stupid. 

I just act like I didn't understand what he was trying to say, and throw him a confused look. 

He then turns to me  before addressing everybody, "Cara, this is Aella (pronounced eye-la), then you have Arlo, and last but not least Tate,"

I turn towards everybody and give a little wave before Bently starts talking again.

"Okay let's move to the gun range" 

Excitement builds in my stomach, hopefully, this will go as well as last time...