Chapter 6

I stepped into the lobby and took a seat on the couch waiting for them to come down

"Hey, what's a pretty lady like you doing here?" I hear a voice say from behind me. I turn around to be greeted by a guy my age, sitting on the couch next to me. I take in his features, he's cute, but just not my type. 

I smile, "Just waiting for some guys," I say. He gives me a melt-worthy smile. "Do you live here?" He asked I nodded, "I live in the p" I begin before I was cut off by a familiar deep voice. "Cara, Are we leaving?" I hear Xaiver ask. I turn my head and give a small smile "Yup, let's go," I smile at the guy before I get up, and notice his face holds a look of fear. Bro, the people here are fuckin weird. 

"Hey Xavvy, that guy was looking at you weird," I say, expressing my thoughts. He just shakes his head and continues walking. Great talk. "Where is everybody else?" I ask looking around for the rest of the guys. "They're going to meet us at the car," I nod, still a little bitter about how fast he shut me down, but give me 5 seconds and I will be over it.

5 seconds later..."Shotgun" I yell, even though it's just me and Xavier standing at the car. Xavier opens up the suicide doors, and I hop in the front seat. "Can they hurry up?" I ask, even though I myself, had literally just gotten into the car. Patience; A virtue I don't have. 

"C, Chill they're coming," He says chuckling at my dramatics. I roll my eyes, but a smile slowly finds its way onto my face.

"Are you going to let us in?" I hear a voice say. "Hmmm, What do you think Xav, should we?" I say mockingly. "Good question C, I don't know," He says with a smirk.

"Come on guys," I hear Nathan's voice whine. I unlock the car, and they hop in. I turn around to see who else decided to come beside Nathan.

I see Aiden, Ace, and Mason, also in the car. I light up when I see Ace. Ace and I are pretty close because we're both the youngest, even though he is a year older than me.

"So dear brother, where are we going first?" I ask, twirling the ring around my finger. "I was thinking Times Square haven't been there in a while myself," He says turning the corner.

. . .

It only takes Xavier a minute to find parking, which I'm still awestruck over. "I just don't understand, plenty of people are still searching for parking spots," I say pointing to the long line of cars that were behind us. "And you just happen to come across one, that not even the people ahead of us saw?!" I say shrieking at the end. He nods casually. Everybody chuckles at my jaw that's practically at my feet. 

I shake my head and let it go because I soon noticed a street vendor selling cotton candy.

You have the attention span of a goldfish.

Whatever brain, I said mentally rolling my eyes.

"Can we get some?" I ask Mason, who just so happens to be the unlucky victim with a wallet, who's standing closest to me. He sighs, and I give him the best puppy eyes I could muster. "Fine," He says giving in.

And that's how it's done, take notes.

I happily run over to the vendor, with my five dollars. "Can I have a small blue cotton candy?" I ask politely. The vendor guy nods and hands me my cotton candy. I hand him my five dollars and run back to the group.

We keep walking around, going to different shops. As we get closer to the middle of Times Square, the more crowded it gets. I mean I practically just ran into some group of tourists. "Ughhh, Tourists are so annoying," I say with a roll of my eyes.

"Well aren't you a tourist, Cara? You don't exactly live here," Ace smartly points out with a smirk. Oh how badly I wanna slap that off his face. "You know Ace sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt," I say with an innocent smile before I skip ahead to Catch up with Nathan and Xavier.

I don't think they've noticed me yet because they're still intently talking, and me being, well me decides to see what they're talking about before I make my presence known.

"Dobbiamo fare attenzione," Nathan says. Whatever they're talking about must be important because they're talking in Italian. 

I suddenly thank my mom for forcing me to take Italian lessons. Hmm, I wonder what they have to be careful about. I shrug and remind myself to ask Xavier later. 

"Hey, guys," I say deciding that now would be a good time to make my presence known. Nathan jumps, surprise evident in his face.

"HAHAHAHA, YOUR FACE" I yell, trying to control my fit of laughter, Nathans reaction was priceless. "Omg, I'm so dead," I say still stifling a laugh.

"Anyways, can we go Shopping, so I have some stuff for school?" I ask, Xavier. He sighs but nods. I pump my fist in the air and start walking ahead.

"Uhh, Cara, it's the other way," Nathan says, I turn around and start walking the other way. "Yup Knew that," I yell back, still facing forward.

. . .

"Which Louis Vuitton backpack for school?" I ask Ace since he's closest to my age and understands why I'm freaking out over this. I mean, I have to make a good impression. First impressions are everything.

"Go with the Black one it looks cooler" Ace responds not looking up from what he's doing. "K," I grab the black bag and, bring it over to the counter along with the rest of the clothes I picked out.

"Is this all Miss?" The lady at the cash register asks. I nod and hand her my credit card, well black card to be specific, and by the look on her face, I could tell she noticed too. She took it and swiped. "Thanks for shopping with us, please come back again, she said handing my credit card back to me and handing me my bags. "Thanks," I said walking out the door, with Ace in tow. The rest of the guys said they would meet us where we parked our car.

We walked out the door and were instantly hit with the background noise of the city. "Are you nervous about school?" Ace asks me, "I mean yeah, of course," I say "It starts in two days, And I'm Internally freaking out," I say with a nervous laugh. "It's fine, I mean Its just sophomore year," He says giving me a reassuring smile. I nod and take a deep breath. He stops and I give him a curious look until I notice we are at the car. "Are you ready?" Xavier asks as I get in the car, I nod and he pulls out and heads back in the direction of the apartment.