Chapter 10

End of the school day

 I walk into the girl's locker room and change into some Nike Pro shorts, and a Nike sports bra. I tie my hair up into a high ponytail and throw on my white cheer shoes. I walk out of the locker room, and into the Gym for Cheer tryouts. 

When I get there we have to wait for the rest of the people tryout out to show up before we go outside. 

We finally make our way outside, and so far The competition is looking pretty good for me. It will be a piece of cake. I look over and see the Football captains and football tryouts. I wave when I see my brother and he waves back. 

I'm so excited to show-off to them because I don't think they've ever seen me cheer, or mention it in general. 

I make my way over to the group, and do the stretches that the cheer captains are showing. I hear a few whistles and we all look around to see who they are from, but before we find out they stop abruptly I just shrug and focus on stretching. 

"Okay now ladies were going to do some cheering numbers first" The brunette co Captian says we all nod, "So basically one by one after you learn the dance you will dance it infront of the squad, and then we will have the flyers and bases be taught a routine, and then we will be doing tumbling, and all of this will decide if you make Junior cheerleading, Junior varsity Cheerleading, or don't make it" She said, we all nodded and proceeded to get into lines of 4 and spread out.

The dance was fairly easy to learn from me seeing as most of it was cheers or doing toe touches, and less dancing. 

Okay, number 5 Cara, I get up from my seat in the grass and get in the starting position, I can feel eyes gazing into my skull and I just know from the start that they're my brothers and my cousins. 

I finish off the dance with a back tuck and a Leg extension. I sit back down, not even breaking a sweat yet. 

My cheeks soon turn red once I realize the dance moves that were included, and that my brothers were watching. Awesome. 

We move onto stunting and to say I'm confident would be an understatement, I absolutely love being a flyer. I love the thrill of being thrown up in the air, and the feeling when they catch you. I learn the routine fairly easily, and get ready to go since were the starting group.

I think I did pretty good compared to the rest of the groups, but my bases were a little bit wobbly. Now onto my favorite part, Tumbling.

Okay so first we're going to ask you to organize yourselves from what you think your level in tumbling is. I put myself in the highest one, and look around to notice that I'm the only sophomore. As I just said, Awesome. 

The groups one by one are asked to do different tumbles based on their level, and lucky for me the Captains wanted to see the sophomore in advanced go last. 

"Okay, since you think you're so advanced why don't you show us the best of what you can do," A snarky blonde says from behind the captains and Co-Captains, I just shrug, and to be honest was wayyy more happy with this than doing it in a specific order. 

I walk to the edge of the matt before I put my hands up to get ready. I decide to do a tumble that I learned 4 years ago at my original gym, "Hey is it ok if I start with something easy?" I ask the Captian, she nods and I decide to go into an 'easy' roundoff back handspring whip-whip 2 back-handspring double full. I dust off my hands before walking back to the edge of the matt. I look up to see everybody looking at me with their mouths wide open, I look over towards the football practice to see everybody crowded around the bleachers watching me. Good, I wanted an Audience because I'm just getting started.

I do a front handspring and go into an Arabian before I do a Layout switch kick. I Turn around on the edge of the mat only to see peoples even more shocked expressions. I smirk before I run into a RO BHS double full. I don't even stop to look at their expressions before I keep going, and then I finished off with a Whip pass into a full. I bowed and then made my way back to where I was sitting. Hows that for advanced?

So I ended up making the team, however, we have to wear the uniform to school every Friday, which seems a little annoying to me because it's a crop top and the skirt is pretty short. I shrug it off and throw my new uniform into my cheering bag before I throw on my Nikes. I decide to just leave the sports bra and booty shorts on, mostly because I'm just too tired to change. I walk out of the locker room and head towards Lucas's car.

Great, it's empty. I  look over to the Football field and notice that  Football practice is not over yet, I sigh and throw everything but my cheer bag and my phone in the car before Making my way over to the bleachers. 

Once I get close enough everybody seems to have focused their attention on me. Is ]me walking really that distracting to you? It absolutely makes no sense. I shrug and wave to Lucas. He waves back before putting back on a stern face and talking to the team. Conner who, I think already became co Captian walked up to me and joined me on the bleachers. 

He took off his helmet and set it beside him. "Whats up Car, I saw your tryouts," He said, tickling my stomach, I giggled, "Ya well, I decided to put in a little extra effort," I say downplaying it. He shakes his head, "You definitely made the cheer team," He says I nod, and Lucas calls Conner back out, "Yo Conner, tell Lucas that if he doesn't hurry this up I will be driving his car home" I say with an innocent yet evil smirk. "Will do Cara," He says as he hops over the fence and jogs back into the practice area. 

I see Conner whisper something in Lucas's ear before Lucas turns to me with a glare. You know this glare might've scared the shit out of someone who doesn't know Lucas but to me, it was an innocent glare because nobody would ever dare hurt Mr.Delucas only daughter. I smirk back knowingly and a ghost of a smile shows up on his face at my bad smirk. I frown. I thought I was getting better at smirking. Huh, well guess not. 

He jogs up to me while Conner directs the rest of the class, and I meet him halfway. "Yo Car, can you please just wait, 15 more min?" he asks, I solemnly nod, and sulk back to the bleachers. I decide to just play on my phone until practice ends. 

By the time Lucas is sending them to the locker room, I'm already basically asleep.

 Its another good 15 min before Nathan is the first to make his way out of the locker room and starts walking towards me. Chuckling at my state of tiredness he sits down next to me."You tired Car?" he asks already knowing the answer. I nod and rest my head on his shoulder thankful for not having to hold my body weight up anymore. 

He picked me up and carried me to his car before he set me down in the front seat. I buckled in and rested my head against the door.  Once he hopped in I remembered to ask him about football tryouts. "So, did you make the team?" I asked my voice coming out drowsy and tired. He smiles, "Yes Car I made the team," He said with a small smirk. And with that, we drove off in the direction of the apartment.