Chapter 21

So I know Bentley invited me to Chic-fil-a and I said no, and now that I'm going it looks like a total dick move but to be fair I thought that the boys were going to be cooking something.

So here I am sitting across from CFA. Okay, Cara, we can do this just walk in and avoid eye contact with everybody.

I put on my ray bands before taking a deep breath and hopping out of the car, before heading across the street.

I strut into the store with confidence and stand in line. When I get to the front I put in my order before sitting down at a table. So far so good. I don't even see Bentley and the others.

"Cara?"

Okay I take that back

"oh uh hi Bentley!" I say taking off my glasses and turning towards Bently who's standing next to the table.

"What are you doing here? I thought you said you couldn't come?" he asked leaning down on the table.

"Yeah well I thought I was going home to eat but when I got there, there was no food so my brothers kind of sent me here," I say trying to avoid the awkwardness

"Oh cool, well if you want to join us we're over there," He said before giving me a small wave and walking over to a table in the corner.

"Order 224" the cash register lady called

well, that's me, so I can finally leave thank god,

I grab both bags with my hands and struggle to open the door. I really should have thought this through. Suddenly though the door opens. When I look behind me I spot Bently standing there.

"Need a hand?" He asks

"Uh yeah sure that would be great actually," I say turning to the side to allow him to grab one of the bags.

"Did you drive here? Where is your car parked?" he asks following me out onto the street.

"Oh it's over there," I say walking to the Bentley and unlocking it before putting the bags in the back of the car.

I walk back around to the front before looking back at Bentley who looks completely stunned.
"This is your car?" He asks letting his gaze fall on the car with admiration.

"Not exactly, it's actually my brothers but he let me borrow it, I don't know why," I say muttering the last part under my breath.

I hop into the car and start it up turning back to Bentley he still looks speechless, "Anyways thanks for the help I have to get going but I will see you at practice," I say speeding off before he could even reply.

When I get to the apartment the rest of lunch passes quickly and before I know it I have to head back to the gym.

"Hey Xavvy, I don't think people like me," I say fiddling with my rings in the elevator.

"I'm sure they do, and if they don't, I don't have a problem with making them see how cool and great of a person you are," He said giving me a quick side hug before messing up my hair.

"Your pretty awesome yourself," I say bumping into his side.

"Ding"

"Have fun Cara," He says before I step off. When I make it to the gym a couple of people are hanging around stretching or talking in circles on the ground. It's times like these where I wish I had friends here.

I sit down by myself in the corner and start warming up. "Okay everybody gather around, The dons son is coming today to watch and maybe train you, so everybody on their best behavior," The mean bald man said before the doors to the gym opened and someone really familiar walked in.

Xavier walked in with a cold stone face, if I didn't know him I would be shaking in my boots, but I do, and I know that he just a big teddy bear underneath.

He makes eye contact with me and sees me standing alone. His jaw clenches before he stands in the middle of the circle.

"I assume all of you know me, at least I would hope so."

I stifle a giggle and get a couple of dirty looks from the people around me, Xavier seems to notice this and tightens his fist before going back to what he was doing.

"Okay so we're going to see what you guys can do today, everybody pair up and find a sparring partner"

I stand at by myself and look around for someone who doesn't have a partner And spot Bentley. "Wanna pair up?" He asks walking over to me.

"Sure, thanks for asking," I say giving him a grateful smile.

"Okay now spar," the mean old teacher says.

"I'll go easy on you don't worry" He says before throwing an obvious punch which I dodged with ease. I chuckle before throwing a fake punch and kicking out his legs from underneath him. He falls on the floor with a thud, "Need a hand?" I ask extending my hand.

He ignored it and stood up on his own.

"Okay now everybody grab a punching bag," Xavier yells before signaling for me to come over.

"What's up?" I ask

"Just wanted to say that you're doing really great so far, and I wanted to ask who that kid was," He said with annoyance at the end. "oh Bentley? He was in my group this morning,"

"What are you doing?" I hear someone say as they grab my wrist, "So sorry about that Don she's new."

"Let go of her wrist" I hear Xavier say. Oh boy he's pissed, this is not going to end well.

I immediately feel pressure leave my wrist. "Now apologize," He says his voice cold as ice.

"I'm sorry,"

"She accepts your apology, now walk away we're in the middle of a conversation," Xavier says probably scaring the bald man out of his wits.

Once he leaves, Xavier gently takes my wrist and checks for marks, "I'm going to kill him," He says so serious that it almost scares me. almost.

"I'm fine, really, don't kill him," I say trying to stop him from murdering someone. Never thought I would say that.

"It's been a long day why don't we head back to the house and we can watch that 70's show or something," Xavier says

"Yeah that sounds nice, let's go" I say because I am kind of tired but mostly because I know if Xavier stays here any longer he will snap.

We walk out of the gym without informing everybody and head up to the penthouse.

"That could've gone worse," I say making Xavier chuckle.

"They shouldn't be treating you that way you are above them in every aspect," He says getting angry again.

"Yeah but they don't know that, therefore it's unfair to get mad at them," I say