Chapter 13

The bell rings and I pack up my computer and slide it back into my bag. I check the school app and see that it is lunchtime. Yay, my favorite time of day.

I make my way to my locker and put away my bag due to not feeling like carrying it today. Or any day but specifically today.

The hallway is still crowded with other students who are either grabbing their lunch from their locker/putting their bags or are mingling with friends. Yeah, so far I don't have any of those.

The doors to the main entrance slam open and the entire hall goes silent. Well except for me because I'm still putting my bag away and I'm not exactly cognizant of my surroundings.

I slam my locker shut, totally unaware of the now dead silent hallway and begin to make my way to the cafeteria. Well, that is until I spot a penny.
DIBS
I bend down to pick it up when someone steps on it, like actually fucking steps on it. I go to glare at the person who is about to be the victim of some very painful attacks, only to be met with familiar blue eyes. HEY! I know those eyes.

"Oh Hi, Aiden!" I say cheerfully, well that is until I remember he is standing on MY penny. "Ummm I would extremely appreciate it, if you could move over an inch, you're kinda stepping on my penny," I say with a smile. Mind you the entire time the hallway is watching this exchange with wide eyes, still utterly confused as to whats going on.

Aiden moves over a tile, and I quickly bend down and grab my penny. "Thanks, well now I'm heading to lunch, bye!!" I try walking towards the cafeteria but Aiden, however, has other plans because he grabs my arm gently before I can even move an inch. I turn around and face him and quickly notice that the entire hallway is staring at me.

I squeak and duck behind Aiden's figure in a weak attempt to block out my face.

I feel Aiden turn around and I look up to see what he is doing but by that time he is already facing back towards me.

"Soooooo," I drawl out puffing up my cheeks. He looks down at me in amusement and raises his eyebrows. "You're sitting with us again today," He says gesturing to some of my cousins behind him.

I only shrug my shoulders while I follow Aiden to the Cafeteria.

I mean he's the one that's paying, and you never refuse free food.

"Hey, Cara and I will head to the caf if you guys want to go and sit at the table," Aiden said to my cousins behind him before he grabs my hand and walks towards the entrance of the caf.

He lets go of my hand as I grab some mozzarella sticks and fries. I follow him to the checkout line and hand him my food.

"Hey, do you know where Lucas and Alexander are?" I ask Aiden as he hands me back my food. "Yeah Alexander is busy right now and Lucas is sitting right there," he says pointing to Lucas talking to some guy I don't recognize.

As we get closer to the table I realize that I don't recognize a lot of these faces. I tap Aiden on the shoulder to get his attention, "Uhm, Who are these people," I ask nervously seeing as most of these guys look like they would be in a gang. I mean If you hear a Bang bang it's the gang gang.

"Oh, there just some school friends that weren't here yesterday," He said before he plopped down in an open seat. I sat down next to him and kept my head down while eating because I didn't really want to provoke the big scary tattoo guys.

I finished my food rather quickly so now I was just sitting at the table twiddling my thumbs while the rest of the table discussed topics I had nothing to say about.

Well, That is until I hear Aiden "The Rangers are so much better than the Kings," I had to bite my lip to contain my snort. Yeah okay, have you seen the Rangers play? Sure they are a good team in general but recently they don't stand a chance against the Kings.

Me being the ever so gracious person I am, I had to help out and show this deranged cow how bad the New York Rangers truly are compared to the LA Kings.

"Uhm, I hate to interrupt this conversation but I just had to but-in when I heard someone say that The Rangers are better than the Kings," I say sending a pointed glare at Aiden and gaining attention from everyone at the table. As much as I wanted to shrink back in my seat from all the stares I had to help this delusional cow.

Do this for the cow Cara.

"Yeah, the Kings suck," I heard one of those big tattoo guys say.

Ohhhhhh, bring it onnnnn shishter.

"HAHA OKAY," I say laughing, "The Kings beat the Rangers back to back," I point out.

The guy opens his mouth to speak but I interrupt him before he can even get a word out, "From the end of period one on, it was The LA's Game, I mean yeah David Desharnais scored a power-play goal assisted by" I say taking a big breath.

"Tony DeAngelo and Vinni Lettieri for the Rangers but Brendan Smith fought Kings rookie Adrian Kempo to blow off some steam from a head shot delivered by Kyle Clifford earlier in the game, which got him assessed five minutes for fighting and picked up an additional," I say Pausing before continuing again.

"2:00 for roughing which put the Kings on the power play to start the second period." I finish, and then take out my phone and start playing a game trying to be a nonchalant sister and just play it off.

I hear the cafeteria doors open and I feel all eyes leave me and focus on the person who just walked in.

Finally, I mean I know I'm entertaining but you can stop staring, I promise you I'm not going anywhere.

I feel the person next to me get up before someone else sits down in their seat. What is this musical chairs?

Curious, I turn my head and see that its none other than Alexander, "Oh hi, I was wondering when you were coming back," I say leaning against his arm while I keep scrolling through Instagram.

He smiles "Yeah sorry I'm late I just got here now," He says.

My curiosity peaks at this and my mind starts rushing with ideas as to where he was so early in the morning.

"Where did you go?" I ask looking around the table in an effort to look uninterested in what he's saying in hopes that he will tell me more if he doesn't think I'm digging for information. Whiiich I totally am.

"Oh, I just had to help dad out with some business," He said dismissively.

huh, interesting.....

"All of you had to help dad out?" I ask incredulously not quite believing what he was preaching.

He turned to look at me his face only showing annoyance. "Yes, now drop it," he says before he turns back to the table and joins one of they're conversations.

FiNe, bE tHaT wAy Ho.

I stand up and throw my food away before I quickly exit the cafeteria.

If I'm not wanted then I won't be there. I know when to make myself scarce. 

I walk along the art hallway in hopes of finding someone to befriend but it's as empty as a ghost town.

Great. Just my luck. I hate ghosts.

I turn a corner and stop when I hear 2 familiar voices coming from a locked classroom.

I know I know, Its none of my business what they're talking about buuuuut it's not like I meant to come across them.

My inner debate, or more like me telling myself that what I'm doing is not wrong, in any way is cut short when the doorknob handle jiggles. I fly into the closest classroom in hopes of not getting caught 'eavesdropping' if you can even call it that.

I hear the voices start talking again but this time it's in Italian.

"We have to tell her soon, Its more dangerous if she doesn't know," One of the voices says.

"I know, and we will, just not now," Voice number 2 says. 

I hear them walk away but I'm still frozen in the classroom, my thoughts racing in my head.

Who were those voices? Whose this her? And what aren't they telling her?

oh and they were both male so, bromance? Who else ships.