Chapter 24

Hi loyal readers! Thank you so much for sticking with me and my book! I will be publishing another chapter by the end of this weekend. Enjoy! -EC

"So do you want to tell us where you were, or should we guess?" Aidan says.

"I mean uh, where do you think I was...?" I say lifting my eyebrow and trailing off, I would rather wait to see what I'm in trouble for, I don't want to rat myself out for things he doesn't know about... yet.

"I"m being serious Cara, this is not a joke," Aiden says sternly.

This instantly snaps me out of my playful mood and even sobers me up a bit. I understand that they are mad, but they should also see where I am coming from. I mean I get it and it feels like I'm suffocating with all of the rules, it's so different from home back in California. 

"I understand that it's not a joke, however, what I don't understand is why I am forced to follow these strict rules set by you that dictate where I go and where I can't go, and what I can do and when I can't do something. Especially when all of you get to do whatever you want without having someone track you," I huff

"Well-" Alexander starts but I swiftly hold up my hand to show him that I am not done talking. In fact, I am just in the very beginning, maybe even in the prologue, of my rant. 

"I know that sometimes you have to report back to dad or whoever when you are doing something that involves the family business, but it's never when it's about your own personal life. If you even have one" I mutter the last part under my breath. 

"Moving on, the move here has already been a big change for me, and adding the whole mafia thing just amplifies it, but these rules are what's destroying it. I understand that you are not used to having me here all the time but I need space to breathe. I am still just in high school which is already stressful enough and I feel like I am being suffocated 24/7," I say nearing the end of my rant.

I give a thoughtful pause, taking a look around the room to notice all of my brother's shocked expressions. 

"I also understand that you guys only do what you do because you care about me, but there are other ways to show that you care that are less smothering. I really do love you guys and I don't do things like leave without telling you, to scare you purposely, I do it because that's what I am used to when I was living with mom. I will try and get better at communicating with you as long as you guys are reasonable and promise to do the same," I huff out before moving to sit down on a chair opposite of my brothers.

The crowd-wowing speech is finally over and overall I'm feeling pretty impressed with myself. And I take it everyone else is too, hearing from well, the lack of sound after.

Literally, if I had a pin you wouldn't even hear it drop. 

Lorenzo is the first to say something as he clears his throat and stands up from the couch, "That was very well worded, and I think we all agree to loosen up on the rules reasonably, and also improve our communication. I really appreciate your being honest with how you feel Cara, but we still need to talk about where you were tonight. The receptionist at the front desk informed us that you hopped out of a black SUV that he didn't recognize as one of our own," 

Oh fuck. If they found out that I ended up going to a club where I almost died and then took a ride home from a guy who was a complete stranger, I'm almost positive I would never be allowed to leave the house again. 

Lorenzo is the first to say something as he clears his throat and stands up from the couch, "I'm sorry if all of the rules came off as smothering we just want to make sure that you're safe, especially since you are new to the Mafia world. Dad especially asked us to keep an eye out for you, because it comes with so many new enemies. We will definitely do our best to get better and I will be sure to let dad know that you need to have some space to breathe,"

I walk up to Lorenzo and give him a hug as his speech makes my emotions come out. Me still being a little tipsy might also be a factor too. "Thank you," I whisper, making him tighten his arms. "Nessun problema sorellina,"(No problem little sister).

I release my arms from the hug and turn back around to face the rest of my brothers giving them all a happy smile before going around to give each of them a hug. 

lastly, I walk up to Xavier before giving him the best hug I can give. "I'm sorry I did not mean to scare you," I say before walking back to where I was previously seated. 

"Now that was enough family drama for tonight and now it's time for you to head to bed," Lorenzo says going back into his leader mode. I still don't understand why all of the guys follow him.

"Aidan and Alexander, why don't you guys take Cara up to bed?"

I stood up and made my way up to the stairs, lingering just a bit to see if Lorenzo is only sending me up so they can talk about me, but all I hear is silence.

Aidan and Alexander join me once I get to the top and walk me back to my bedroom in comfortable silence. 

"Night guys," I say turning around to give them a wave before I walk into my room. 

I finally feel my tiredness kick in and I quickly throw on a cute pajama set before brushing my teeth and washing my face.

I collapse onto my bed and don't even bother turning off the lights, too comfortable to even move a muscle. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waking up the next morning was not pretty. My hair was strung out all over the place making it look like I was just hit by my own personal tornado, and I was hit with a pounding headache.

I don't think I am ever drinking again.

I slowly make my way out of my bed and into the bathroom, to comb my hair and get ready to go downstairs.

After I finish doing everything in the bathroom I make my way to my closet and throw on some leggings and a sweatshirt. It's Saturday after all and that means no training.

It's been a week since I've been out of school and since I've first started training, and Im starting to miss the friends I was starting to make. I wonder if they thought I moved.

I make my way downstairs as my time at school is on my mind. I also noticed that none of my brothers had gone back to school either.