Chapter 22

I am so sorry it has taken me like a year to update you guys won't even believe how busy I have been. Anyways please enjoy this extra-long chapter because I already have tons more waiting in Drafts! I might post another tonight if I can edit it in time, if not it will be out this weekend, Thank you guys so much again for reading! - EC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Xavier and I get back to the apartment it was still pretty early, so I come up with the brilliant idea to brainstorm some ideas. 

"We could go clubbing," I say going through the list we came up with.

"Not happening," Xavier says, vetoing my idea for the umpteenth time. "Okayyy," I say pretending to cross it out, but secretly putting a star next to it

"What about-" I'm cut off by the sound of the elevator doors opening. "Don we have some important news to discuss our latest shipment," He says before surveying the room and his eyes finally land on me.

"You got any ideas for what to do when you are bored?" I ask pointing to him not yet looking up from the list. 

"Uhm clubbing?" 

"No, I am not taking her clubbing nor will she be clubbing any time soon," Xavier says his voice almost booming, for some reason I'm getting the idea that his decision is final.

"See I told you clubbing was a good idea! You don't have to be jealous that me and Mr. Black suit over here thought of it first" I interject while walking around the counter to grab some chips. 

 Xavier rolls his eyes and turns his attention back to the man. "I will meet everyone in the conference room in 5," He says dismissing him.

I finally found some lays after looking through probably 20 cabinets, I feel like everything around here should come with signs. I grab a bowl which was easier to find, remembering how Tom got one out from here when he was cooking. 

"I have to go to this meeting Cara, I'll be back in a couple of hours why don't you put on the vampire diaries or something?" He says standing up from his seat on the couch. I ponder the idea while he re-cuffs his shirt and straightens his suit out. "That actually doesn't sound too bad," I say moving towards the couch with my chips in hand. I plop down where he was sitting before and make a move for the remote.

Well before he quickly snatches it away. "No clubbing, you can do anything else," 

"Wait actually, not everything else, just," I cut him off to spare me the lecture. "I know, I know,  be responsible. Got it," I said.

He nodded his head and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead before leaving. "I'll be back soon," He said stepping into the elevator before the marble doors closed.

Okay, now time to have some real fun. Mom said that I could explore the city, and right now that idea is more tempting than watching another episode of TVD that I've probably already seen.

I rush upstairs and sift through my closet until I land on a cute Short black little dress. Always a classic. I then grabbed a cropped black jean jacket and some white sneakers. I know this decision is going to bite me in the ass later, but that's for future me to deal with.

City time.

I stuffed some hundreds into my bra and made my way downstairs to the elevator. 

Now the hardest part, making it out unseen. I've done it before, I can do it again. I flipped my hair to the side to give it some volume and threw on my shades before hearing the entrance floor beep. I stepped out not making eye contact with anyone and walk out of the front doors. I learned that if you act as if you belong anywhere people will actually believe it.