Chapter 16

Thank you guys so much for 10k!!! I can't believe 10,000 of you have read my book, it's absolutely insane, anyways I'll keep this short. Love you guys so much and thanks for all of the support, don't forget to comment!!!

"Wait, I'm sorry I just want to get this right, you're basically saying that dad not only belongs to a mafia but he is the leader of one?!" I say my voice rising by the second.

"Yes, and I know it's a lot to take in but-" I cut Xavier off mid-sentence as millions of questions Bubble up inside me. " Hmm, yeah wouldn't exactly describe it as 'a lot to take in' but you're getting close," I say sarcastically.

"And who else is in it? Are you in it? I mean you must be because he described you as the 'Don's son' and it seems like that's some sort of important title" I say, the last part more of a thought than a question.

Xavier nods as do the rest of my brothers, I glance over at my cousins to see them looking everywhere except my eyes.

I take a deep breath as I try and wrap my head around this. The mafia still exists in America and my brothers are apart of it. I shake my head as I turn back toward my brothers.

"Do you sell drugs?" I ask innocently. This time Lucas takes the liberty of answering, "No we personally do not sell drugs," he says vaguely not really going into too much detail.

"What I don't get, well let me rephrase that, one of the things I fail to understand is, why was it kept a secret from me?" I ask genuinely hurt that everybody else was in on this.

Why did everybody else get the chance to join the cool kid's mafia club!!!

"Well you were never here, you were always at moms and we wanted to keep you safe and away from this life, your our baby sister" Alexander explained

"So if I was your baby brother I would have known about this whole Mafia thing?" I ask raising my eyebrow as if daring someone to answer. All I get though is gulps and people avoiding eye contact. I sigh but move on to my next question, I'll have to get back to that later. "Also another quick question," I say making a mental note to smack all of them later.

"Why are there guys walking around the hotel all the time in black? And why is there a strip club here? And can someone tell me how I didn't even realize there was a whole gym of fuckin spies in this building? Oh and for the love of God, why the fuck does I keep on getting kidnapped, may I remind you, IN MY OWN HOME?!" I say getting frustrated at all the fucking wacky ass stuff that's been occurring here.

"Well as you know the mafia has a lot of members, and in order to be accepted into the mafia and have your rank determined you need to go through training first which is the gym full of 'spies' you were talking about, there's not a "strip club" here it's more of the members of the mafia's lounge however there is a brothel that we own that is located next door, and as for the kidnapping that's because we haven't informed everybody of your arrival yet, and they assume that you work for us," He says finishing it off.

"Why haven't you guys told them about me yet?" I ask genuinely curious. All of this kidnapping could have been avoided. "We didn't think you would run into any of them," Xavier says rubbing his neck. 

"Oh I see, You thought that I wouldn't run into any of them when staying in the same building as them?!" I ask hysterical now. He nods and looks away, God I live with a bunch of bitches. They can't even make eye contact with me. Lorenzo clears his throat before moving on.

"One of us should probably go take you to see dad, he's going to want to know that you found out about the mafia," Lorenzo says making the suggestion seem more like an order. Aiden rises up from his spot as he walks over to my spot on the couch.

"But he never even said Aiden?" I say sputtering over my words in confusion, as I'm being pulled out of my seat and into the elevator.

Aiden does a great job at dodging my question because in no time I forget what it was even about.

"Do you have a gun?" I ask as he presses the button. "Yeah We are always supposed to have one on us," he says lifting up his waistband to show me.

Hey, that's where I put mine!

I gently graze the spot where I tucked the gun in just to make sure it's still there. "I also have another question," I say nodding my head along to the elevator music.

It's always so catchy.

Uhm the Question...

Right.

"Does dad own this entire building?" I ask wondering if there are any real residents in this apartment building. "Yeah, were one of the only ones that have an apartment in this building. It's mostly made up of training facility's and offices and just stuff that is owned by dad," he explains.

"Mmm, yeah that makes a lot of sense," I say as I follow him out of the elevator. I notice that we're back in the lobby of the building instead of one of those floors. I immediately notice all of the mafia trainees walking and lingering in the lobby, along with all the weird confused stares I'm getting from them. I think Aiden notices too because his shoulders tense up and his face mirrors one of a stone-cold expression.

I unconsciously step closer to Aiden in a poor attempt to shield myself from the curious gazes. Aiden walks me towards the exit and whispers something into one of the doorman's ears before we walk out and onto the street.

"Why is everybody staring? Is it my hair? My hair does look kinda weird doesn't it?" I question looking at my reflection in a parked car. Aiden chuckles and shakes his head "No it's because you're not wearing the black uniform which means that your not a mafia trainee, so they're already curious and you're with me." 

I don't know what the 'and because you're with me' part has anything to do with people staring but I just nod my head in understanding.

A black SUV pulls up outside of the building and Aiden quickly drags me into it before the car speeds off.