Chapter 1

        The Soul Society, a place where Soul Reapers and dead souls live when they pass on from the World of the Living. For the first time in a very long while they were at peace. No, there were still Hollows, plenty of those to go around, but the Soul Reapers had no problem killing them off. Those in Rukongai had a peace of mind, knowing the Reapers protected them from harm.

        It was another day in the Soul Society, the winter months coming in full force. That meant the Fourth Division was very busy with patients and making house calls to the Soul Reapers who could not afford to leave the confinement of his or her bedroom. "We have one more person who needs visiting," Seinosuke Yamada, Third Seat of the Fourth Division, stated. "It's to the Kuchiki Household. Any takers?"

        No one spoke up, all having to work overtime as it was due to the amount of sick people. The medical Soul Reapers' didn't want to over exert themselves and risk getting ill. "I'll take that, Yamada," a teen answered, stepping forward.

        "Lieutenant Kotetsu, that's not necessary. You have enough as it is."

        "Well by the looks of it, no one else wants to take this patient because everyone is so over worked."

        "But you by far have more than anyone here. I'll find someone else-"

        "Yamada, give me the report," she ordered, holding out her hand.

        The Third Seat sighed, handing it over. "You're so stubborn... Katrien..." he grumbled.

        The Lieutenant smiled back. "That's why I get my way. Besides, the Kuchiki Household is on my way back from all of my other patients." Seinosuke nodded, turning his attention back to everyone else.

        "You all have your patients, dismissed, and report back to me when you're done." Everyone nodded before heading out.

        Katrien flash stepped all the way to the Thirteenth Division, being escorted by one of the members to the Captain's door. "Captain Ukitake?"

        "Yes?" a weak voice came from inside. "Enter."

        Katrien opened the door and the man smiled up at her. "Ah, Katrien, so nice to see you."

        "How are you feeling, Captain?" she asked, walking in and unloading her bag of medicines.

        "Better, thank you. Your herbal tea always does the trick."

        "That's good to hear. Any chest pains? Swollen throat? Coughing?"

        "My chest is fine, the swelling in the throat went away after I woke up, and the coughing is now minimal."

        "Great! I'm going to give you some more herbs for your tea and some paste to rub on your throat and chest before going to bed."

        "What's the paste for?"